Modifying tyvek, specifically adding loops or tie downs

zacattack

WKR
What’s the easiest way to add corner tie downs to tyvek? Just trying to keep it from moving around on the ground. Was thinking of either sewing on some grosgrain loops or maybe adding some small grommets.

JJMoody

FNG
I’ve never done it with tyvek, but one idea might be to stitch something more durable (leather) to the corners using plenty of contact cement and punch a hole in the reinforced area to attach grommets

CAM_D

FNG
aluminum grommets would be fairly easy, but may add more weight if that's something you care about. Sewing in some webbing straps would be easy too. I'm interested to see what you do as I'm about to set up a couple of ground sheets for my son and I.

BBob

WKR
What’s the easiest way to add corner tie downs to tyvek? Just trying to keep it from moving around on the ground. Was thinking of either sewing on some grosgrain loops or maybe adding some small grommets.
I thought I needed that long ago but after one I quit. Tyvek is tough. I folded the corners over and used a small hole punch to punch a hole and tied light tent guyline directly through the hole. As the line was tightened it bunched the Tyvek up but never ripped.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Fold the tyvek over and put a grommet through it. Done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Erict

WKR
Sewn buttonholes?

stock-vector-buttonhole-art-brush-tintable-by-stroke-color-1633523815.jpg

I don't even use tyvek for construction anymore because i feel its inferior to other vapor barriers, i cant see it holding up to abuse long term with loops sewn into it but but kudos to those that it works for lol. It definitely rips much easier than any other vapor barriers ive user in my experience