Montana 14 day quarantine for NR

Wildatheart

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for the double post guys. Does anyone know how Montana is policing or tracking the 14 day quarantine for Non Residents? Basically, how do they know or will they know you have quarantined for 2 weeks? We would just want to fly in and go straight to our camping spot in the wilderness. But looks like that’s not accepted without a quarantine....

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
Someone from the gestapo will meet you at the airport or border. They know you are from out of state and will give you tickets to your free train ride to quarentine.

In all seriousness, to my knowledge there is no one who will "follow up". The concern is that someone from out of state will show up with the CV and spread it along to gas station attendants and whoever they meet on their way to quarentine "in the mountains".

I work overseas, I came home at the beginning of this and self-quarentined for 14 days by camping in the mountains here about a month ago. The number of people I still came in contact with is rather sad. I'm not gonna say "don't do it", but if we get an influx from out of state and a corresponding spike in our numbers I could see shit getting shut down again.

Fatcamp

WKR
If we draw Wyoming we won't stop anywhere except to buy gas at the pump. No interest in socializing, but that's not unique to 2020.

OP
Wildatheart

Wildatheart

Lil-Rokslider
We crossed the border into Texas, and had to fill out a form on why we were there and etc and where we would be with contact info. Freaked me out, shows how much control the government can have if wanted. So looks like Montana isn’t going to be anywhere near that. Good to know.

I've been wondering about this, we do a trip to eastern Washington every summer over the 4th and spend a week coming back going to glacier, yellowstone, or just exploring. Now I'm wondering if I need to hold off putting in for time off in July and just hope this is all over with by August.....

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I would think that the backcountry would be the PERFECT place for a 14 day quarantine. I would also expect that staying in the backcountry without any contact at all with people would easily meet quarantine requirements. Where else could you quarantine in a state with even less contact with people? You've got to use logic here to make it logical.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm pretty sure Covid-19 has already been imported to most every area of our country by now and we've all been exposed or in close proximity of probably multiple people that were/are positive........and many of us might have already had it as well. I have a buddy who's wife tested positive the middle of March. She works in a nursing home. It took her between 3 and 4 weeks to get over it, yet he nor any of their three kids tested positive for it even though they were in close proximity to her the entire time she was home with them.

dtrkyman

WKR
Not sure how they would enforce these things? I traveled from New Mexico to Illinois April 1st, stopped for gas twice and that was it, of course Kansas couldn't miss out on the toll so you still and to stop and pay some guy for the toll, seems there not really concerned about covid if it cuts off there cash, but eff everyone else!

gbflyer

WKR
Last I checked this country was not under martial law. If you’re high risk stay home. If you’re not, wash your dick skinners and get back to work. People are going to start getting hungry. Even the essential folks collecting government pay working from home. Sorry, just read enough of this bullshit. I better scroll on by next time I guess.

KurtR

WKR
Yes, you could catch COVID-19 from someone skirting travel rules who imports it to your area and die. Wouldn't that be a son of a b?

Or hit by a car or struck by lightning or have a tree fall on you or have a grizzly eat you or have a mountain lion maul you or have a pack of wolves gang rape you or die of heart attack or get robbed and shot or fall off a ladder or choke on a tooth pick or step on a land mine . Guess I would take my chances of living and not be scarred of dieing

Vandy321

WKR
Yes, you could catch COVID-19 from someone skirting travel rules who imports it to your area and die. Wouldn't that be a son of a b?

Yeah totally...that 99.5% survival rate is downright scary.

To the OP, get out and live your life brother, it's time for the politicians to stop playing politics with peoples lives and livelihoods.

Last edited: