Montana deer results in, but seem messed up

bsnedeker

WKR
Did any MT residents draw special permits?

I've got two buddies who drew 410 archery permits for elk, one of them also drew 530 mule deer tag. I drew nothing but I was putting in for some tough to draw stuff, mainly trying to build a few points.

slowelk

WKR
I did and a friend's brother did for deer. I also drew a bull tag and hunting partner got one too. My group is gonna be busy

What did you draw? No one in my hunting circle has drawn anything for years. I have started to think that special permits don't actually exist, but maybe they do.

MThuntr

WKR
What did you draw? No one in my hunting circle has drawn anything for years. I have started to think that special permits don't actually exist, but maybe they do.
Friend's brother got 261 (bastard drew a goat tag last year :LOL: ). I got the 250 bull and mule deer tags...probably burnt too many points on them but hey that's how the cookie crumbles

slowelk

WKR
Hopefully your buddy's brother has private access! I had been in for 250 the past couple years since it's close to home, but moved to 380 this year. How many points did you draw it with?

jmav58

WKR
Drew 530-50 again. Drew it last year and shot a buck so I figured I'd put in again. goHunt shows I had a 45% draw with 0 points.

Last edited:

MThuntr

WKR
Hopefully your buddy's brother has private access! I had been in for 250 the past couple years since it's close to home, but moved to 380 this year. How many points did you draw it with?
He's a local so I'm sure he has a few ins. I had 6 elk and 8 deer. I hadn't planned on 250 for deer but decided last minute to put in

smartweed

FNG
this year our group did not draw with the point, will be interested to see the statistics bc if anyone drew without points, then there's a big flaw in the system

204guy

WKR
this year our group did not draw with the point, will be interested to see the statistics bc if anyone drew without points, then there's a big flaw in the system

That's not how the dumpster fire of the MT NR draw works. (Probably, no one and I mean NO one knows for sure with 100% certainty all the little nuances)

Friend's brother got 261 (bastard drew a goat tag last year :LOL: ). I got the 250 bull and mule deer tags...probably burnt too many points on them but hey that's how the cookie crumbles
crazy. my buddy pulled 250 bull as well. with just a couple points. i ended up with 690 elk and 300 deer... gonna be a busy year!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Friend's brother got 261 (bastard drew a goat tag last year ). I got the 250 bull and mule deer tags...probably burnt too many points on them but hey that's how the cookie crumbles
I saw some slammer bucks in 261 a couple years back. That should be a good hunt for him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
Not really. 75% of tags go to those with points, 25% are random. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with their system.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Absolutely nothing wrong with the system. It encourages people to apply because everyone has a chance, not just dudes who've been playing the points game. In my opinion if it was completely random with no points whatsoever it would be ideal, but that's not the world we live in!

GoBig

FNG
No general deer combo for my buddy and I this year. We bought the point. Hoping for some tags turned back in and another chance since my other two buddies applied separately and drew.