Montana NR Alternate list posted 2022

Montana FWP just posted NR alternate list for elk and deer combos. I'm 1179 out of 2704 for deer combo. Do I have a chance? Odds aren't looking to good. Hopefully others had some luck!

RELIANT

FNG
Not me I'm probably out of luck as well #817 of 1394 on the Elk Combo...wonder how many Big Game Combo Applicants there were?

Preference Points do not factor into the alternate list. it is random
Sorry...... what I was trying to ask was (since all of you obviously didn't draw a tag), did any of you have 2 pref pts for the NR Combo, submit for the NR Combo, and not get it? Was 2 pts not enough this year?

OP
J
Sorry...... what I was trying to ask was (since all of you obviously didn't draw a tag), did any of you have 2 pref pts for the NR Combo, submit for the NR Combo, and not get it? Was 2 pts not enough this year?
I couldn't tell you, it seems like there was lots of confusion and tag issues this year. I did not have any preference point for general deer and this was my first year not getting the tag. Not sure if the same works for big game or elk combos.

RELIANT

FNG
Oh I got you...yeah there were some folks with 2 points that did not draw this year. This was posted on the FWP website a few weeks ago:

Screenshot 2022-07-11 195919.png

700 and some change..... not looking good.

But my dad is at #140, i am thinking he has a shot!

Any one have past details about likelihood of getting these tags? Top 20 get a chance or top 200? Just curious