Montana Alternate List posted

TheCougar

WKR
Montana posted their alternate lists for elk and deer combos. I’m #233 on the elk combo list. That should do the trick, I just don’t know when I’ll get the call. Good luck to everyone.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Montana posted their alternate lists for elk and deer combos. I’m #233 on the elk combo list. That should do the trick, I just don’t know when I’ll get the call. Good luck to everyone.
Shoot em and drag em out.

Scoot

WKR
I've got a buddy who is #364 of 3043 remaining. What are his odds of actually getting a tag? Any educated guesses???

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I've got a buddy who is #364 of 3043 remaining. What are his odds of actually getting a tag? Any educated guesses???

He will get a tag. It’s more a question of when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NR mule deer alternate #2400+ of 3942 total. Flamed out 🔥🔥🔥3 years in a row on MT elk and mule deer w/$50 pref point purchases, then end up way out of reach on alternate lists... Buds getting NR Gen Combo tags every year. If I draw MT in 2022 I will have paid $200 in preference points per tag awarded.

Am 3 for 21 on NR tag apps over last 3 years for 3 states. One silver lining is that there will be a contraction after the license demand boom peaks. I hope people on the receiving end of hunter dollars know what a business cycle curve looks like.

Happy and safe hunting to all that get an alternate tag! :)

Erict

WKR
How far down the list do they typically get on the Combo?
I spoke to MT License Sales about this earlier in the year. I was told that up until last year (Covid), anyone with a number under 300 had a good chance of getting a call/email for a NR Deer Combo license. I did not ask about the NR Big Game (Elk+Deer) Combo chances.

TACT0398

FNG
I’m 264 on the Big Game..... would it be beneficial to put in for a surplus as well? I’m still confused on how they work.

j_volt

WKR
I’m #13 of the 3294 on the deer combo 🍀 Does anyone have an idea on when they will start emailing to buy tags?

Erict

WKR
Always have good luck speaking to a live voice and getting quick and definitive answers from these folks. You may benefit by trying them direct:

Montana Fish and Game, Licensing Division

Online Licensing Service (OLS), MyFWP & Drawings

Email: [email protected]
Phone: (406) 444-2950

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’m #13 of the 3294 on the deer combo Does anyone have an idea on when they will start emailing to buy tags?
Could be tomorrow, could be October. It's a crapshoot for when people decide they aren't going

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
NONRESIDENT ALTERNATE DEER COMBINATIONAlternate ListYour Current Position: #539 of 3924 remaining to be contacted

Not high, but not in the 300's either, think i got a chance?