Montana spring bear outfitter recommendations

One thing that I’ve struck out completely on is spring bear hunting. Living in WA means I also don’t get an opportunity at all to hunt in state so that’s leading me to looking elsewhere.

After perusing pricing on a few websites, it seems it’s a pretty good deal… and I could see where you could easily spend that much money over the course of a year or two in total trying your luck DIY(which I have).

My desire is twofold - I’d like to take a spring bear, but I’d also like to gain some more knowledge about it so that maybe I could DIY it in the future. I know theres something(probably multiple things honestly) I’m doing wrong, but I’m not sure what that is.

I know we’re mostly DIY here - but has anyone here used an outfitter for spring bear in Montana? Or perhaps you know someone who has and could give a recommendation?

Thanks.

OP
J
I don’t know about Montana but I can give Idaho suggestions if you want
As long as its primarily spot and stalk. I'm not really looking for a baited/dog hunt. Nothing against those things, but as a NR living in Western Washington I don't have dogs and going over to maintain a bait site is probably out of the picture.