Moose hunting.

Alaska, last two fall seasons. 2022, boots needed to be replaced. 2023, crispi boots I bought absorbed like a sponge, backup boots oboz, again failed me. I didn't do the proper testing going into the season. Suggestions?

Wapiti151

WKR
Kenetrek Mtn Extreme has always kept me dry, going on 4th season with this pair including two AK hunts and am dry unless I get water over the top.

10ringer

WKR
Alaska, last two fall seasons. 2022, boots needed to be replaced. 2023, crispi boots I bought absorbed like a sponge, backup boots oboz, again failed me. I didn't do the proper testing going into the season. Suggestions?

What model Crispi did you wear? I’ve been wearing Colorados for 3 seasons no leaks. I submerge test them prior to each season. Also Han Wag Alverstones have been bomb proof and waterproof. Make sure you order a 1/2 size over your normal boot for the Alverstones.

Maybe consider bringing these boot dryers. Moisture in the boot is unavoidable, especially if you cover a lot of miles and your feet sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
i wouldn’t expect any boot to be water proof in Alaska unless under ideal conditions or not much walking. Wet feet are not a big deal, wring your socks and insoles out and keep going.

Kenetrek mountain extremes have never leaked for me. But if I’m traveling north to the land of rain I’m wearing LaCrossy Burly boots. Burly Pro side zip to be exact.