Experience with Crispi

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Curious if Crispi wearers have had issues with leaky boots?

Bought my first pair of Crispi boots in 2021, Colorado model. That same year, archery elk season, boots leaked. Sent them back after season, Crispi tested them and sent me a new pair. Didn’t hunt much 2022, maybe 10 total days of wearing boots, so basically new boots going into this archery season. Pretty wet opener in Oregon and again boots leaked. Crispi won’t do anything and said I need to reach out to Gore-tex. I understand finding a truly waterproof boot is difficult, outside of a rubber boot , but still a bummer since these boots aren’t cheap.

Curious if others have had issues with Crispi quality?

Maybe I should have got a leather upper boot?

nobody

WKR
I had one pair leak, a pair of Thor’s, after 4 years and several hundred HARD miles. The gore Tex booty split, the boot didn’t fail. Prior to that, never an issue.

Fullfan

WKR
Last Sept while hunting Idaho, I had two pr of Crispi boots leak. Just from hunting in the rain, not creek crossing.

Contacted Crispi when I returned. The one pr was less than a year old. Crispi asked for pics, after pics were sent. I was given a RMA to return the boots. Crispi sent me a new pr.

Second pr was about 2 years old. Contacted Gore. They also wanted pics, and a copy of the sales receipt. Contacted black Ovis where boots were purchased. Received a copy of sales invoice and sent that and the boots to Gore.

Gore sent me a check for the cost of the boots.

So yes my feet did get wet, but Crispi stood behind them.

Have a 3rd pr of Crispis going on 3 years old. No problems yet.

OP
E

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Last Sept while hunting Idaho, I had two pr of Crispi boots leak. Just from hunting in the rain, not creek crossing.

Contacted Crispi when I returned. The one pr was less than a year old. Crispi asked for pics, after pics were sent. I was given a RMA to return the boots. Crispi sent me a new pr.

Second pr was about 2 years old. Contacted Gore. They also wanted pics, and a copy of the sales receipt. Contacted black Ovis where boots were purchased. Received a copy of sales invoice and sent that and the boots to Gore.

Gore sent me a check for the cost of the boots.

So yes my feet did get wet, but Crispi stood behind them.

Have a 3rd pr of Crispis going on 3 years old. No problems yet.
Maybe I’ll reach out to Gore-Tex. Crispi stated they warranty their liners for life!

Last edited:

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
Curious if Crispi wearers have had issues with leaky boots?

Bought my first pair of Crispi boots in 2021, Colorado model. That same year, archery elk season, boots leaked. Sent them back after season, Crispi tested them and sent me a new pair. Didn’t hunt much 2022, maybe 10 total days of wearing boots, so basically new boots going into this archery season. Pretty wet opener in Oregon and again boots leaked. Crispi won’t do anything and said I need to reach out to Gore-tex. I understand finding a truly waterproof boot is difficult, outside of a rubber boot , but still a bummer since these boots aren’t cheap.

Curious if others have had issues with Crispi quality?

Maybe I should have got a leather upper boot?
Can you articulate the leak further?

I find a surprising amount of people are suffering more from sweaty feet than water penetrating the boot. I stopped wearing Goretex partially for this reason.

OP
E

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Can you articulate the leak further?

I find a surprising amount of people are suffering more from sweaty feet than water penetrating the boot. I stopped wearing Goretex partially for this reason.
Walking through wet grass and brush for about half a day, feet soaked.

Yep. Bought a pair of Thor GTX a couple years ago for an elk hunt that didn’t happen. Started breaking them in the next spring and the first time I wore them in the snow that fall they leaked terribly. Of course, past the one year mark and they wouldn’t do anything for me without receipts that I couldn’t find. My fault for not leak checking them when I got them. $300 lesson learned, but I’ll never buy another pair of Crispi boots ever again. Just bought a pair of Lowa’s to replace them for this year. Already leak checked them.

I had a pair of Altitudes leak the first trip out. Crispi customer service was a bit slow, but lived up to their end of the warranty and replaced them for me with no issues.

I’ve also had Lowas leak. I don’t think Crispis any more prone to leaking, just that they are pretty popular among backcountry hunters so there is a larger sample size to pull from when it comes to leaky boots.

I just tested my Colorados for leaks in the tub. Sure enough paper towel was wet near the heel area. I suspected a leak and forgot to test last fall. These have one season on them - maybe 150 miles. I’m definitely disappointed.

The wet grass thing is usually corrected by gaiters. It’s amazing how water finds its way down pants and socks.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
My first pair had been the briksdal mtn gtx and I put them through a rain and vegetation soaked weekend last month. They held water out fine with graiters, but I did notice them taking water when my entire lower half got soaked from wet vegetation - it was from water wicking into my boot from the top. So far I’ve had a good experience with them and their fit.

OP
E

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
I just tested my Colorados for leaks in the tub. Sure enough paper towel was wet near the heel area. I suspected a leak and forgot to test last fall. These have one season on them - maybe 150 miles. I’m definitely disappointed.

The wet grass thing is usually corrected by gaiters. It’s amazing how water finds its way down pants and socks.
I’ll have to do a tub test to confirm.

Walking through wet grass and brush for about half a day, feet soaked.
Were you wearing gaitors?
vnbm0.jpg

WCB

WKR
My first Pair of Wyomings had some issues after about a year (this was about 5 or 6 years ago). #1 the rand split where the boot flexed while walking. #2 walking through wet grass the boots would get wet. Not as bad with gators than without but it wasn't my pants getting wet. They were leaking just above my toes through the tongue area. Even lawn grass height but wet same thing happened. Take the boot off. toes and front half of foot wet. back half up my ankles were dry.

They changed the Rand on the newer Wyomings I bought a year later and also no leaks in these for 3 seasons.

BDRam16

WKR
Zero issues on my Thor II other than the wet grass with no gaitors. Even then they were just damp at the top. I did use the waterproofing spray on mine though.

My first pair of uninsulated Nevadas were bullet proof for 4 years and just this year are starting to have very minor leak through if hunting in wet vegetation all day. My second pair were leather Briksdals that leaked right out of the box. After a lot of back and forth with Crispi they finally replaced them. Originally they couldn’t find a leak with their standard testing methods. The replacement pair is the Briksdal Mtn Gtx. I have about 50 miles on them and have done a bathtub test and they don’t have any leaks. Not sure moving forward what brand I will go with next. I hunt in the PNW where my boots are wet most days I go hunting. I have gone through and returned several pairs of lowas, Salomons, Salewas, and la sportiva boots and can say crispi has been the best so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Wanted to follow up on this. Gore Tex is going to refund me the purchase price of my boots.

They said the boots were stained and not taken care of, which voided the warranty. However, “as a courtesy to you we're making a one time exception to our policy and would like to refund the product.”

Whatever! Boots had less than 20 days on them. Glad they stepped up.