Experience with Crispi

I just got back from a first rifle hunt in snow for 2 days of scouting and 5 days of hunting. I had wet boots every day.

This was my second pair of Wyoming GTX and it only had about 100 miles of break in hikes on them, never wet. I'm disappointed to say the least.

My first pair lasted me about 5 years before giving up the ghost so this was a major inconvenience. It's impossible to justify spending $350+ on a pair of boots when you're feet are wet the first time it rains.

I'm hoping they make it right somehow.

dylsdad

FNG
Curious if Crispi wearers have had issues with leaky boots?

Bought my first pair of Crispi boots in 2021, Colorado model. That same year, archery elk season, boots leaked. Sent them back after season, Crispi tested them and sent me a new pair. Didn’t hunt much 2022, maybe 10 total days of wearing boots, so basically new boots going into this archery season. Pretty wet opener in Oregon and again boots leaked. Crispi won’t do anything and said I need to reach out to Gore-tex. I understand finding a truly waterproof boot is difficult, outside of a rubber boot , but still a bummer since these boots aren’t cheap.

Curious if others have had issues with Crispi quality?

Maybe I should have got a leather upper boot?
my lapponias have lasted 3 years so far with about 500 miles on them, no leaks

ChrisAU

WKR
Just slogged around in deep snow in CO for 5 days in my Lapponias and was tickled with how well they did. Dry feet every day no exception. I believe I got a size too big, but that is my fault not the boot's.

cologsx

FNG
I have the Lapponia I GTX and haven't had any problems with leakage. The sole did start to separate on a small 1/4" section which I had repaired immediately and haven't had any other issues since.

I’ve worn the Lapponias from August to December the last two seasons. They have help up great with zero leaking. I️ do spray them occasionally with crispi waterproofing spray.

cologsx

FNG
I’ve worn the Lapponias from August to December the last two seasons. They have help up great with zero leaking. I️ do spray them occasionally with crispi waterproofing spray.
Good advice. I should have mentioned I do maintain my pair with the Crispi waterproofing/conditioning creme that comes in a 100ml container.

Just slogged around in deep snow in CO for 5 days in my Lapponias and was tickled with how well they did. Dry feet every day no exception. I believe I got a size too big, but that is my fault not the boot's.
That’s encouraging. I finally got a pair yesterday, seem right down my alley.

I have never had a pair of boots that wore out before they started leaking, zamberlan and crispi are the only two that I get longevity from… if I get 2 seasons out of a pair of boots, I’m extremely impressed… a season and a half is what I expect from a good boot, and if they hold up that long I’ll buy again

I don’t pay attention to warranty stuff unless the boots are fairly new and leaking, if I get a season out of a boot I just won’t buy it again

I have heard a lot of good feedback from lapponias, and hope they hold up for me, I was pretty much all zamberlan but my most recent pair leaked right away, sent them back, and wore them July on, and they started leaking late September in the exact same spot, so I have to contact them again because a couple months of use is a pretty low standard

I’m hoping they will just give me a discount on a different model this time, because these obviously are not a good match for me leaking twice in the exact same spot… so now I’m back to crispi

I only wear my hunting boots in the woods, never wear any of them for everyday use, granted I do hunt a good amount and do cover a lot of ground in them during a year, but it seems like they should last over a season of hard use.

The lapponia is a little more substantial than I thought, but are still in the realm of what I prefer, and they are impressively light, and once I break in the uppers, I think I will like them quite a bit, very good all around boot for me

Legend

WKR
Less than 2 months. I followed their testing process which was to fill the boot with water and see if it leaks. Within 2 minutes water appears and within 5 minutes it looks like the photo.

CS has been ok so far. I can't warranty them until mid December when I have a slow time in my hunting season.

Attachments

• 20231113_192516.jpg
    20231113_192516.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231114_094903.jpg
    20231114_094903.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 36

jpmulk

WKR
I have two pairs and both have been awesome for me. No leaks at all in some very wet conditions.

Curious if Crispi wearers have had issues with leaky boots?

Bought my first pair of Crispi boots in 2021, Colorado model. That same year, archery elk season, boots leaked. Sent them back after season, Crispi tested them and sent me a new pair. Didn’t hunt much 2022, maybe 10 total days of wearing boots, so basically new boots going into this archery season. Pretty wet opener in Oregon and again boots leaked. Crispi won’t do anything and said I need to reach out to Gore-tex. I understand finding a truly waterproof boot is difficult, outside of a rubber boot , but still a bummer since these boots aren’t cheap.

Curious if others have had issues with Crispi quality?

Maybe I should have got a leather upper boot?
I’ve only had a pair of them for a month and love them so far