Morel thread

Lukem

WKR
Since there's no dedicated forum...thought morels could use a thread. Pleas post your field and trophy pics... :)

Had a good day today:
epyjudy2.jpg
4yjyju7u.jpg

bradb

WKR
Can't wait for the weather to warm up here. Usually buy and sell a couple thousand pounds of them. Find a bunch also

mAv

Lil-Rokslider
Wish I knew where/when to find them in Colorado, can't seem to find much online... I loved loading up on Morels in Iowa.

OP
Lukem

Lukem

WKR
Holy crap you did alright there. Where do you live.

West central NE, but this was in the eastern part of the state. These were all in a 10 yard radius. Left a pile of really little ones. Going back tomorrow.

Dang I can't wait until they come out here. Our snow needs to do some more melting first! Some of the burn areas from last year should be fantastic!!

6t4nova

WKR
Wish I knew where/when to find them in Colorado, can't seem to find much online... I loved loading up on Morels in Iowa.

It's tough. Most of them are black morels. I would look up around Boulder near the creeks. Haven't found anywhere out here on the western slope to hunt them.

2ski

WKR
I've been thinking about looking for morels for a couple years but haven't made it a point yet. My only experience was a few years ago there had been a fire close to our family cabin close to Missoula the summer before. I went for a drive in the mountains and was going to ask someone picking morels if they could show me what they looked like. Its one thing to look at a picture but another to see berries and plants in nature. The first group I saw was a couple of middle-aged women wearing sombreros so I just kept going. I figured they probably didn't speak English and I would see more people. The next group I saw was what appeared to be a family out picking morels. I pulled over to talk to them and asked a question to the very beautiful "daughters" and got a lot of confused looks as they looked around at each other trying to figure out what I'd said. The "father" that was picking morels about 50 yards away continued to pick mushrooms. Finally one of them turned back to me and says in this thick Russian-type accent that so and so was over there and points across the forest service road. Across the road from me was a guy that looked I would say south American. He was wearing a leather jacket, leather boots, slicked back hair and aviators. Totally out of place because it had been raining all day. I want to say he had a gun on his hip too but I don't remember for sure. He smiled this kind of funny smile and looked back and forth between me and the girls and I seriously think he figured I wanted to "buy some time" with one of the girls and I get the feeling they were available too. I really started to feel uncomfortable so I jetted out of there.

The year after my elk area burned the mountain was covered with pickers with competing buyers camped out at the base. Biggest damn slobs on the planet. Their garbage is still strewn all around the mountain :(.