Mortgage refinance using online lender

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
Thats true "local" certainly doesn't equate to skilled, or knowledgeable on its own. I do think the general "local" does a better job than the mass call centers- rocket and better, ect.

Super tag

WKR
Of course there’s exceptions to local service, I agree there are those that gouge, it’s never enough for them, I’ve had it happen, when it does it’s time to move on. I set the expectations upfront. I’m just saying that locals are real people I can see and talk to, they’re part of the community I live in, and that’s what I prefer. And I’ll pay more for it, knowingly, and I’m good with that, I get excellent service and it comes with a price. I can call my banker or my insurance agent any day of the week and they respond.
In my opinion old school is good thing, we need to go back to some of the old school ways, they’re better. I don’t like speaking to someone I can’t understand in a call center somewhere overseas. I’m not just another number and refuse to be part of that mix.

I can call my banker or my insurance agent any day of the week and they respond.
In my opinion old school is good thing, we need to go back to some of the old school ways, they’re better. I don’t like speaking to someone I can’t understand in a call center somewhere overseas. I’m not just another number and refuse to be part of that mix.
Agree on all points.

I would recommend checking with a local credit union. If your not a member, you have to join, but that’s not a big problem.

When I refinanced thru them, I got the best rate I saw on the net at the time, and cost me around $1k. AND, when interest rates dropped another 0.50 (from 3.0 to 2.5) they changed the interest rate at NO CHARGE.

Interest rates dropped more after that, but I only have 3 years left on my mortgage at this point so no reason to redo now

Last edited:

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
Im in the title and escrow business for 26 years. Never ever go with an online company. May go ok or may seem to go ok but the number of problems we see that the customer has no idea is happening is pretty scary

Go local every single time. Even if it costs a couple hundred more. Not only can you talk to someone local but if there is a problem, you can always get state regulators involved. With an online company, they dont have any jurisdiction