Selling a UTV/ATV online?

Lytro

WKR
Seeing if anyone has any experiences good/bad they would like to share from selling a UTV or ATV online. I found out work is moving me a little further west, and I have a SXS I would like to sell beforehand to free up cargo space for the move. Is ATV Trader really the only option for a reputable selling website? I really don't feel like going through the Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist shitshow since there seems to be so many scammers and people wanting stuff for free.

Rapid City does have a business in town that sells various powersport vehicles for people. It seems a decent operation that has a show floor, and they post vehicles to their own website as well as ATV Trader. I believe they charge $100 up front and ask you what you want for it. They will list it for X amount over what you want and keep any excess. This sounds fairly appealing since I wouldn't have to deal with any buyers and they would just cut me a guaranteed check afterwards. I just don't want the process to take months because they will likely end up listing it for a few thousand over what I want out of it.

For those that have done this, what route do you recommend? It's a clean 2022 model that has been well taken care of and I have the title in hand.

hiker270

WKR
I have sold several ATV's and motorcycles on Craigslist, Facebook Market Place and Ebay. Have never had any issues. Only payment accepted was cash and final price was agreed on before the buyer came for the ATV. First buyer with cash was the buyer, I would not hold it or take a deposit. If a title transfer was needed I made arrangements with a notary before the sale.

Not sure if this opens up possibilities for you, but fastenal will ship store to store for larger items. Freight seemed reasonable and insured.

Just something I recently learned about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yfarm

WKR
FB Marketplace gets far more traffic than cl for my listings. Scammers responses arepretty easy to spot after a while. Friends that resell semis, tractors and music instruments all use fb

ssgjpd

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Just sold mine through FB marketplace. Cash only and price agreed upon before the buyer comes.

OP
Lytro

Lytro

WKR
So what is it and what state are you moving to.
It's a 2022 Can Am Maverick Trail 1000. We have a 3 month old, so it hasn't been getting much use this year and likely won't in the future since it's a 2 seater.

Relocating to western MT in the spring.

BluMtn

WKR
Always running into people who ask me to be on the lookout of a SxS. If I run into anyone I will get ahold of you and see if I can give you a hand. Good luck in your new position.

Wheels

WKR
I’ve sold several on FB marketplace without a hitch. Always in person transactions with cash and they actually see it and drive so there’s nothing they can come back and say “not as advertised”. Just price it reasonably and it’ll sell quickly.

OP
Lytro

Lytro

WKR
Thanks all for the responses. I'll give marketplace a try for a couple weeks.

I would recommend FB marketplace. Large audience and fairly easy to weed out scammers. I only accept cash, to minimize getting scammed.

Join a few FB local groups and cross post.

IMG_7421.jpeg

KurtR

WKR
Thanks! Never heard of this.
Ya Bisman is the site for North and south dakota. I know guys who have sold boats, atv, ice shacks , snow blowers and about anything else you can think of on it. We sold our pontoon using it had it sold in a week

OP
Lytro

Lytro

WKR
Well, it turns out I’m banned from Facebook marketplace from posting some reloading supplies recently. I guess I’ll give Bisman a try.

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
I have sold all sorts of things on FB Marketplace including a ATV and SXS. Add a bunch of pictures to the add and ask a reasonable price and it will sell.