Mosquito thermacell

Dunndm

WKR
Hey guys, so I’m moving from California over to South Carolina. COAST TO COAST hahaha. Anyway, the mosquitos like my fresh ankle skin, so I need something to at least temporarily or a permanent solution to get it somewhat under control. I was looking at thermacells on amazon, and bug spray. Bug spray, makes me feel nasty as s**t so I was curious to know what does everyone here do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thermacell works wonders if you are staying stationary and not too much wind. Sawyers Picaridin spray/lotion for directly on skin. It doesn’t smell or leave the residue as DEET.

Don't worry, after you exceed 5 million bites or so you start developing immunity.

But Thermacell has worked well for my wife and kids. I think it's one of the better options out there.

Ben Allen

FNG
Clothing spray treatment From sawyer has worked wonders and lasts a few washings. Bare skin can be an issue for me as nothing seems to work so I always have pants on if it’s bad.

Rich M

WKR
Another FL reply - thermacell!

Try permethrin for your clothes - keep the chiggers and ticks at bay. Buy it bulk from Tractor Supply and mix in a spray bottle - spray clothes, let it dry, wear. We used to mix it up in a 5 gallon bucket and dunk all our camo at the beginning of each season. Wring clothes into bucket and repeat. That stuff will kill cats if they drink it. No more chiggers - YAY!

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
I’ll 100% be doing that spray for my clothes and wash. Hopefully that will help. I’m not even talking about the woods yet hahaha I’m just talking about being around town I was getting bit hahah

Thermacell will be for woods, but for work I’m going to try the clothes spray, and bug spray on my work boots

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
Second what everyone said thermacell and treat your clothes. Areas I hunt on the lower eastern shore of Maryland, mosquuitoes are the called the local air force.

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
I mean I’ve been to Costa Rica a lot for surf trips during the summer rainy season, but for whatever reason they love me in SC, but don’t care about me in Costa Rica... so I’m hoping after 3-5 months I’m “old meat” and go to someone else

TSAMP

WKR
Absorbine JR. Its basically like biofreeze for sore joints but comes in a nifty roll on bottle. It keeps gnats and mosquitoes away with just a couple dabs. Hot tip that came from my grandfather. Run it all summer long here in IA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200529-215235_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200529-215235_eBay.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 23

Rkess171

FNG
Absorbine JR. Its basically like biofreeze for sore joints but comes in a nifty roll on bottle. It keeps gnats and mosquitoes away with just a couple dabs. Hot tip that came from my grandfather. Run it all summer long here in IA.
I'm gonna try this

I've tried absorbine up in Northern MN - it worked for gnats/flies but the mosquitos kept right on biting! Thermacell seems to work well 👍

I mean I’ve been to Costa Rica a lot for surf trips during the summer rainy season, but for whatever reason they love me in SC, but don’t care about me in Costa Rica... so I’m hoping after 3-5 months I’m “old meat” and go to someone else

Honestly you do get used to them I dont really notice the local skeeters but those Asian Tiger skeeters are a PIA...they bite u thru your t shirt. Thermocels/spray for skeeters, dettol for the black nats, still looking for something for the deer flies...certain times of the year I run the tractor with a towel over my head and around the back of my neck to keep them from biting me.