Most Comfortable Vehicle for Forest Roads

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
Translation: “for the cost of 2-3 very nice sets of suspension for my main vehicle, I’ll just buy a stupid looking Abomination that happens to transport the worst user group on public lands and then dump money into 2 vehicles, increase the cost of my insurance and have to buy a $2000+ trailer for it.”
Comin out swingin I guess is what we do when somethings not our cup of tea? Makes sense. Everyone’s internet tough though these days so probably should have seen this coming from someone who probably struggles spending that much on a recreational vehicle. I get it, it’s a lot of money but I’m fortunate enough to be comfortable in my lifestyle so the decision was a fairly easy one to make and I haven’t really thought about it since. Sorry you don’t like the machine though and think it’s an “abomination”. Everything on there is there for a reason while still keeping the bed free for packs and whatnot.

Anyhow, I’m glad you got your internet shot in for the day and i really truly do hope you sleep a little more sound tonight because of it, it sounds like you needed the win.

Poser

WKR
Comin out swingin I guess is what we do when somethings not our cup of tea? Makes sense. Everyone’s internet tough though these days so probably should have seen this coming from someone who probably struggles spending that much on a recreational vehicle. I get it, it’s a lot of money but I’m fortunate enough to be comfortable in my lifestyle so the decision was a fairly easy one to make and I haven’t really thought about it since. Sorry you don’t like the machine though and think it’s an “abomination”. Everything on there is there for a reason while still keeping the bed free for packs and whatnot.

Anyhow, I’m glad you got your internet shot in for the day and i really truly do hope you sleep a little more sound tonight because of it, it sounds like you needed the win.

To be fair, you did hinge your justification on the economics of saving wear and tear on your vehicle. If you have the money and you want to have the toy, cool. But, I don’t think buying a SXS to save money on your truck or SUV is much of a economic saver since you need to a vehicle capable of towing it anyway.

With these particular vehicles, I happen to live in an area that has become a prime destination for them. Call me jaded, but I have grown to absolutely despise them, the personalities that they seem to attract not to mention the total lack of trail etiquette and sense of entitlement that seems to be attached to them.

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
To be fair, you did hinge your justification on the economics of saving wear and tear on your vehicle. If you have the money and you want to have the toy, cool. But, I don’t think buying a SXS to save money on your truck or SUV is much of a economic saver since you need to a vehicle capable of towing it anyway.

With these particular vehicles, I happen to live in an area that has become a prime destination for them. Call me jaded, but I have grown to absolutely despise them, the personalities that they seem to attract not to mention the total lack of trail etiquette and sense of entitlement that seems to be attached to them.
Fair point and I completely agree, is buying a $30k SXS a more economical use of MY money, nope. Do I care? Nope. My family and I enjoy the machine as do the guys I hunt with.

And “to be fair” you have no idea how I use the machine to hunt with or what “user group” I fall into. I happen to be a disabled vet who uses the machine to transport my other vet buddies/hunting partners to the top of the ridges and trail heads from camp so we can save a few miles on our broken bodies to continue an activity we all look forward to all year long. If buying a sxs to get us to somewhere my full ton truck may not be able to access so we can save the miles on our body and hunt for a few more days longer than we would if we walked in the whole way, I’m all for it and would happily make the purchase again and again.

So the next time we start throwing out generalities regarding the “user group” to which I belong, I guess throw me into the “worst user group” of vets that like hunting but may not be able to do it like it did in my younger days due to my service and sacrifice to this country. Maybe ask a question or two before you come out hammering away at that keyboard looking for happiness one keystroke at a time without having any idea what you’re really talking about.