Moultrie Mobile releases Edge Pro for 2023–review in progress

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I ran the Edges for 2022 into 2023 (thread here )

Very happy with those.

Two have been in operation in the field 12 months next week with no battery change.

To be fair, they were in check-in mode (camera checks in daily to network but doesn’t send photos) from mid November to Early July but came right back online when I set the app to send images.

I had a 3rd one that failed after 6 months but they replaced it and it’s going on 45 days right now.

For 2023, The Edge Pros employ new technologies to reduce unwanted images, and consequently improve battery life.

Smart Capture
Edge-Pro_SMART-CAPTURE_PPT.png

& Detection Zones
Edge-Pro_DETECTION-ZONES_PPT.png

Video below, explains it more

Moultrie is a sponsor and sent me two of the Edge Pros. They’re still in the box but I’ll be firing them up in the next week or two. I’ll start updating the thread when I do. Let me know if you got any questions and be sure and watch that video

If anyone has the Edge Pros, feel free to post on this thread. If the Edges, post on that thread linked above. Thanks!

Edge Pro Product Card.png

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Update:

Just set up my two new Edge Pros.
image.jpg

Took less than 10 minutes from opening the box to receiving images.

I’m indoors so didn’t get to test the False Trigger Elimination (FTE), Smart Zone, and the Smart Capture, but will have these in the field in the next few days to test all that.

I did test the Live Aim feature. Cam connects to phone via Bluetooth and gives a live video feed of what the camera is seeing. Super helpful for set up to make sure the camera is pointing and see what I want. It’ll also be imperative for using the FTE.

With the Smart Zone, I can block out sections of the view, like branches moving in the wind, to eliminate more false triggers.

On the Smart Capture, the original Edges have that technology BUT it’s applied after the image uploads. That means I still get the images sent to the app (and corresponding loss of battery to transmit) but the app only shows me what I’ve I told it to—in my case–bucks/does.

But with the Pros, they actually use AI to filter the images BEFORE they’re transmitted, so I save on battery not sending images of anything besides bucks/does—make sense?

All of this tech is designed to increase battery life, crucial for cell cams. While the original Edge’s were good on batteries, these should be better.

I’ll keep this thread updated.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Got one of the Edge Pro 2s deployed. Sorry, I won’t show a pic (Too much skyline) but can tell you the Live Aim was really helpful to set the camera up—allows user see in real time the exact view that will be captured in the pictures. I was able to optimize the capture area to hit the trail/saddle exactly as I can tell deer cross it.

To note, it was a clear view with no branches so I didn’t have to use the Smart Zones to reduce false triggers, but good to know we have that option.

One more Edge Pro to deploy once I find a good spot, so more updates to come.

MIbowhunter4954

Lil-Rokslider
I won't touch a Moultrie after the launch of the Delta. Those things were complete trash, black pictures at night and spotty day time pictures.

Moultrie kept their customers hanging, saying a software update was coming. Conveniently, that update didn't come until after the cams were out of warranty. So once you got sick of waiting and wanted a refund, oops, sorry, you've had the camera too long.

My father in law has a delta that to this day still takes black night time pictures.

Fool me once.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I won't touch a Moultrie after the launch of the Delta. Those things were complete trash, black pictures at night and spotty day time pictures.

Moultrie kept their customers hanging, saying a software update was coming. Conveniently, that update didn't come until after the cams were out of warranty. So once you got sick of waiting and wanted a refund, oops, sorry, you've had the camera too long.

My father in law has a delta that to this day still takes black night time pictures.

Fool me once.
I understand and would feel the same way.

None of those problems in the Edge or Edge PRO and if they show up, I'll post on here.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Moultrie also has multiple accessories to run with the Edge Pro or the Edge. I didn’t receive any of this yet but am on the list to receive the rechargeable lithium. I just spend some dough on lithiums to get the two Pros set up and would love a recharge option. PRetty sure you could save some money on that route

Here’s a quick breakdown:
· Toggle between 6V and 12V output

· Built-in rechargeable battery capacity to get through the cloudy, overcast days

· Offers approximately 1,000 charge cycles, equivalent to more than 16,000 alkaline AA batteries

· Multi-direction adjustment for easy aiming and clear views

· 16-gauge powder-coated steel for long-lasting durability that won't interfere with cellular connectivity

Just purchased a pack of Two of these .....worried they won't get reception where I wanna put them ...hoping they work , especially with the hefty yearly price to have Two connected.

Anyway , what kind of platters life are yall getting with these when n using lithium batteries , as well as in cold Temps?...I live in western New York and we get Temps into the single digits often ...and spend most of our winter with below 30 degrees.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just purchased a pack of Two of these .....worried they won't get reception where I wanna put them ...hoping they work , especially with the hefty yearly price to have Two connected.

Anyway , what kind of platters life are yall getting with these when n using lithium batteries , as well as in cold Temps?...I live in western New York and we get Temps into the single digits often ...and spend most of our winter with below 30 degrees.
I have one that was set mid September, at 9k feet (think cold) and it's still showing 100% battery on lithiums. It was sending dozens of pics/day first 7 weeks but now only sending a test image a day as the game has migrated out of that country.

Bazookas

FNG
We have three now and they have much better battery life than the Spypoint they replaced. Batteries last a few months honestly. Dozens of pictures, multiple times a day, high quality. We have been very pleased so far.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
We have three now and they have much better battery life than the Spypoint they replaced. Batteries last a few months honestly. Dozens of pictures, multiple times a day, high quality. We have been very pleased so far.
alkaline or lithium?

Do these things have the capability to set up with solar panel .....curious because of the DC jack on bottom...and to answer you questions ...yes I'm jarring venison in the background

Attachments

• 20231207_223028.jpg
    20231207_223028.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 7
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Alkaline on at least one. Two others are newer without SD cards (cloud storage I guess?). I will try to check and report back after this weekend.
yes cloud storage. if I never touch another SD card, all good with me.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I got the other Edge Pro out in mid December so it’s been a month.

It’s a low activity area (ridge with faint trail) but only place I found that concentrated deer in the area.

Used the Live Aim Bluetooth to set up. I didn’t need the Smart Zones because using Live Aim, I could see branches to cut, but to show you how it works, I included some screenshots. If I couldn’t have cut that branch I highlighted, I could’ve just just eliminated them from triggering camera.

IMG_6766.jpeg

IMG_6767.jpeg

Been receiving at least a test picture every day since then and because I had to face the camera Southeast, I’m getting a lot of sunrise triggers. Here’s a high resolution image from just a few days ago

IMG_7048.jpeg

And another one a few weeks back
IMG_7049.jpeg

This next photo is just standard definition, but I want to include it because if you look out on the horizon, it seems to be able to pick up deer at quite a distance.

IMG_7050.jpeg

Because of the rising sun issue, I have received hundreds and hundreds of photos. But I’m still showing battery at 100%. My next step is to figure out how to use the AI so I can only receive pictures of bucks. Maybe that will eliminate the sunrise issue?