Mountain Goat Taxidermy

jawolf11

FNG
I've posted this elsewhere on Rokslide before, but might as well add it to this thread. Started as a full body form that was shaved down. I ended up taking the entire hide. The rear 1/3 is tanned as a throw and it allowed the taxi to cover the entirety of it with fur rather than felt or trying to hide portions of it with artifical rock/moss/trees. I'd really like to add another pedestal in the opposite manner as this goat, so downhill facing right.
Who did your mount? I have a hunt in october and am putting together a list of possible taxidermisits

slick

WKR
@hunterednate I love that form, downhill to the right.

Next big goat is getting that treatment.

Great looking mount. Solid goat. What did it end up scoring?

Hey all. Reviving this thread. I just got a nice Billy I am going to likely write a short post about when flying home. Any recs on a tannery to get it tanned? Thinking of either a wall pedestal or euro and a blanket. Any thoughts or additional pics? If you did a blanket would you put a backer on the hide? Thanks!!!

slick

WKR
I kept the rear 1/3 from mine. It's just soft tanned.

If I had a long haired winter goat, trimmed it like Troutbum did, I'd throw a grey/black fleece or felt backer on it and use it as a throw.

@hunterednate I love that form, downhill to the right.

Next big goat is getting that treatment.

Great looking mount. Solid goat. What did it end up scoring?
Thanks Slick. Officially netted 91 4/8".

Really happy with how this shoulder mount turned out. I saw your goat on the other thread and love it, too. 2/3 body mount is awesome. Great goat. Loved the age and horse face on it from your harvest thread.

I kept the rear 1/3 from mine. It's just soft tanned.

If I had a long haired winter goat, trimmed it like Troutbum did, I'd throw a grey/black fleece or felt backer on it and use it as a throw.
I kept the back half of the pelt from my goat, too. Got it tanned and gave it to my brother-in-law as a thank you for all his help with the hunt.

Trial153

WKR
For last falls goat I killed bowhunting
in BC I opted at my taxidermists recommendation for a full mount on a oak Pedestal, been waiting on a form that will put him level should hopeful be finished in the next few months.

I think the throw blanket that we keep down at our cabin is probably my favorite “goat mount” though, it’s also the most useful one.
c8f2ef32dc9775c173e3d859783df050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any backing on it? If so, did you have a seamstress or taxi do it?

Do you have any backing on it? If so, did you have a seamstress or taxi do it?

I don't. I was planning on putting some kind of microfleece backing on it, and bought a MF blanket for that purpose, but it turned out that it was beyond my skill level (I don't have much skill with sewing), and I didn't want to spend anymore money to have a seamstress do it. All in all, we're very happy with just the tanned hide and it's turned out to work great for our purposes.

Clarktar

WKR
I think the throw blanket that we keep down at our cabin is probably my favorite “goat mount” though, it’s also the most useful one.
c8f2ef32dc9775c173e3d859783df050.jpg

Did you take the hide to someone to make it a "throw"?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk