Mountain House Meals

thompsont

Lil-Rokslider
https://mountainhouse.com/ is currently running 30% off Pouches for hunting season, sale ends on the 30th of Sept. They are also doing 50% #10 cans. The cans can be a really good deal if you want to separate the can into individual meal sizes you want and put in a zip lock bags or vacuum seal into meals.

wyogoat

WKR
Thanks! And shipping was free.
Those Mylar bags from wallaby are the way to go also if you buy the bulk. Just don’t get baited in for the extra 10 percent off. They text more than my mother…

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the heads up! I picked up four #10 cans for my dad and I. We will divide them up into ziplocs for the season. Is there any sort of "expiration" to be aware of once I've opened the can and transferred to individual bags? I'm assuming it'd still be on the order of years?

wyogoat

WKR
Once it’s open they say a week. Get the Mylar bags with the moisture tab and they last a lot longer and you can cook in them. I used an iron to seal mine. About 20 dollars for 30 bags.

Dang, and free shipping to Alaska! Thanks for the posting! Placed an order and now I guess I'm gonna find out how big of a box 60 mtn house pouches comes in......

Scrappy

WKR
Love me some biscuits and gravy and chicken and dumplings. Pretty much the only two I still eat from them.

Thank you Sir for the heads-up