Mountain Mule Deer Hunt Video!

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
great job on the hunt @JustinCrossley @RobMelvin @JordanBudd! I didn’t realize you were able to get him until the end of the video. I clearly wasn’t paying attention to our conversation at the shoot and dinner

VANDAL

WKR
Can’t say I’m impressed with that hunt, in fact it was terrible to watch. I’ve been on Rokslide for a long time and this wasn’t a good look.

You could and should have done better than that. You tried to help yourself with the voice over but in the end it didn’t cut it for me. Poor judgement, you missed your second shot by 3+ ft!

But you are right, it is arrogance. And a lot of long range “shooters” share this same mind set. But guess what, most will do the exact same thing the next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wvroach

WKR
Can’t say I’m impressed with that hunt, in fact it was terrible to watch. I’ve been on Rokslide for a long time and this wasn’t a good look.

You could and should have done better than that. You tried to help yourself with the voice over but in the end it didn’t cut it for me. Poor judgement, you missed your second shot by 3+ ft!

But you are right, it is arrogance. And a lot of long range “shooters” share this same mind set. But guess what, most will do the exact same thing the next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The second shot being off by 3 feet at 800 yards was most likely due to the deer moving and him losing a shooting lane into the woods. The first shot was a bit low and it was flubbed up, but we all make mistakes and I've seen several deer and had to track quite a few from people hunting at 100 yards and in. This wasn't a lack of competency just a mistake that could happen at any range.

It happens, it sucks when it happens but anyone who has spent any amount of time in the woods will experience wounding a animal and losing it. They made the right choices spent the time, tracked and recovered the deer.

I prefer to have the more real world view of these hunts not the glamour of a 5pt at 100 yards in a controlled environment like so many shows have.

These guys did well, though you are entitled to your opinion same as I am mine.

Great Job Justin!! Great buck and being great in any profession is not about being perfect! It’s how you handle adversity when something goes wrong that you have clearly prepared and practiced for. Nice Buck!