Mountain Tactical Tikka billet magazine

MHWASH

WKR
I want to load 200gr bullets further out in my Tikka 300WSM, but HCA magazine is out of stock. Mountain Tactical also has a billet magazine, but can’t find any reviews on it. Does anyone have experience with the MT?

TX_Diver

WKR
Mine in .223 isn't feeding right. Haven't heard back from them on a fix/idea yet.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I ordered some when they came out for my switchlug.
I wouldnt do it again. IMO they still need a bunch of work.

The LA mags woudnt reliabily pickup my 300 wsm or 6.5 prc. Its a feed lip problem and they arent adjustable. They did return them but tried to charge me a restocking fee until I called 3 times complaining.

Out of 2 223 mags one binds and tilts. I returned it to get sent another that binds and tilts.

The SA mag works well for my 6mm creed. This is the only mag that worked well. but it gouges the brass. it too will need taken apart and polished.

gbflyer

WKR
I have a couple I use for 338 Federal with a longer throat I load to 2.9. They function fine but are not flush. I would not have gotten them if I would have known, I’d have opted for the factory M+. Seem to be good quality

TX_Diver

WKR
That is interesting TX. Looking forward to their response.

Update so far. They are committed to resolving the issue w/ a new mag. Will post again once I have it in hand and have tried it.

gerry35

WKR
Any updates for those who have bought these? I see they have brought out a Gen 2 mag since this was started by the looks of it.

I have a Gen 2 short action mag that I use for my 7-08AI with 162s and 175s. I had to polish the feed lips as they were sharp and were scratching my brass. Other than that, and the fact that they do hang lower that a factor mag, it is fine for what I am using it for.

TX_Diver

WKR
Any updates for those who have bought these? I see they have brought out a Gen 2 mag since this was started by the looks of it.
Still no word on the .223 magazine. Kinda wish I would have kept the original until they had the new ones but they seem to always be one month out.

My 6.5 one worked fine but I switched to a chassis that takes CTR mags so I haven't used it much.

@mtgreg any word on the new .223 mags?

Lawnboi

WKR
Still no word on the .223 magazine. Kinda wish I would have kept the original until they had the new ones but they seem to always be one month out.

My 6.5 one worked fine but I switched to a chassis that takes CTR mags so I haven't used it much.

@mtgreg any word on the new .223 mags?
If you want a loner let me know

Packmansion

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a 6 round long action magazine and have had issues. They sent me a replacement and it's the same problem. They are not reliable or I got 2 lemons back to back. The rounds tip up obscuring the base of the cartridge and from time to time the bolt just passes over the top of the round. I'm trying to resolve this it seems like the lips are too wide.

Jimbee

WKR
I loaded a bunch of 77gr 223 bullets close to the lands in my tikka so I wasn't eating up case capacity (optimized?) and had to use MT magazines. I bought 556 semi auto and wanted to shoot the same load in both. Took all my reloads and just seated them deeper. Still shot great. Just wasted a little money buying different magazines. Just something to consider. Maybe just seat them deep and try it before you buy different magazines...?