Mountainsmith Celestial 2

adamm88

WKR
Im looking for a basic cheaper backpacking tent(probably 2), These are on sale for around $60, i trust the mountain smith name compared to Walmart or amazon. The weight online is around 5 pounds so not terrible, Any reason to not pull the trigger on one of these tents?

I need tents to do a backpacking trip with scouts, i could tent with my son but probably be easier to have 2 and have the extra room....

The Celestial is a basic polyster tent with generic brand aluminum poles. It is almost identical to the Morrison tent which has been around for a long time. It isn't walmart junk and should keep you dry and alive as long as you understand its limitations. The big downsides compared to a more expensive 3 season tent (like the BA Copper Spur) are weight and space, since it's a traditional dome tent without any extra poles to add headroom. It should handle weather similarly - meaning that it isn't designed for high winds or snow loads.

I need tents to do a backpacking trip with scouts, i could tent with my son but probably be easier to have 2 and have the extra room....

If I remember correctly from my scout leader days, adults can’t be in the same tent as scouts. Dad and son or not. So 2 tents is best then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly from my scout leader days, adults can’t be in the same tent as scouts. Dad and son or not. So 2 tents is best then.

Yeh i was looking for something else and saw we cant tent together, i have two tents comming

Back