Mountainsmith mountain shelter lt

JWP58

WKR
Anyone have any pics with a stove jack installed and with a stove setup. Im interested in being able to set this thing up for winter use.

Also, what was the company in Ft. CO that would sew in a stove jack for 50 bucks?

edg1967

WKR
Anyone have any pics with a stove jack installed and with a stove setup. Im interested in being able to set this thing up for winter use.

Also, what was the company in Ft. CO that would sew in a stove jack for 50 bucks?

Check with Weaver. I sold him the one I had a jack sewn into along with a Parastove. He may have pics of it…otherwise use the search as I had originally posted pics when I did it. Now I have another with a jack that I won't be selling!

Do you think that the parastove is the right size for these things? I'm planning on putting a jack in mine and either building or buying a stove, but I don't know how big I could/should go on the stove.

JWP58

WKR
Do you think that the parastove is the right size for these things? I'm planning on putting a jack in mine and either building or buying a stove, but I don't know how big I could/should go on the stove.

Great question! Ditto..

(and I was able to find pics through tha google machine)

weaver

WKR
Been away from rokslide for a while. Here are some pics of the parastove in the mountain Lt.
bege4a6y.jpg
py8epetu.jpg
bapa6eda.jpg
u7u4a9yr.jpg
yjymedyz.jpg

I did sell the parastove. It worked alright but i want something I can put larger pieces of wood in. It was also heavy for its size compared to some of the newer options on the market. Still undecided on what stove I'm goning to run this year. Leaning toward a tigoat wifi.
Undecided on which size I want.

Ben

WKR
Mountainsmith said they are 'looking into some modifications... And potential adding natural colors' for the LT in 2016.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Ben thanks for that update as I've been wanting to get away from the hideous yellow. Great for finding camp but terrible if you want to stay hidden from the other hunters

slick

WKR
I bought one a few weeks ago, have spent a couple nights in it. It's a solid shelter. Ordered some custom cut aluminum poles from John at bear paw wilderness designs. Sets up quick, is a palace for one, especially coming from a BA seedhouse ul1.

Question though, should I seam seal the tarp?

Ps. Longtime lurker, few posts

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone who has worked with this fabric before know if you can RIT dye it? Or something to that effect....

MountainSmith is rumored to be talking about some Earth tone Colors for the mountain LT next year. FYI.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I bought one a few weeks ago, have spent a couple nights in it. It's a solid shelter. Ordered some custom cut aluminum poles from John at bear paw wilderness designs. Sets up quick, is a palace for one, especially coming from a BA seedhouse ul1.

Question though, should I seam seal the tarp?

Ps. Longtime lurker, few posts

Slick, No seam seal needed if you look at the inside youll see that it is seam taped already. Ive had mine out for many a backpack sessions and hunts and its not leaked. Your in good shape.

Just picked one up from a member here....I'm excited to get it up in the yard today....then it's off to the Alpine Lakes Wilderness with me for the high hunt!
Anyone have any experience getting this thing compressed? ie: toss in in a usual compression sack, or some sort of compression "wrap"?

Ben

WKR
Just picked one up from a member here....I'm excited to get it up in the yard today....then it's off to the Alpine Lakes Wilderness with me for the high hunt!
Anyone have any experience getting this thing compressed? ie: toss in in a usual compression sack, or some sort of compression "wrap"?

Funny... I've been looking at the same shelter and about to hunt the same area. Be sure to let me know how you like it. I got a few more days to decide if I want to pick one up or not.