MTN Ops?

Vtsheddog

FNG
Hey all, just wondering if anybody has used or is using any of the MTN ops stuff (protein, pre workout, vitamins etc). Looking at making the switch from what I normally get at GNC and I don't know anybody who has used it. Just looking to see how it has worked for people, and if you are sponsored by them or getting a deal in any way I probably don't want your opinion . All opinions welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were a couple threads this winter in which members who hadn't tried their stuff before get one free sample to use in exchange for a honest review with nothing to be gained either way. I volunteered and was selected to try Enduro and was impressed by the results. You can see the results here: http://www.rokslide.com/forums/nutr...41748-testing-mtn-ops-enduro-pre-workout.html I have not received any free or discounted products before or after that test, so you can trust that those reviews were impartial. There was also a thread for Yeti and Phoenix. I have since started taking Blaze, Yeti and Enduro on a regular basis and occasionally Ammo. I also ordered Ascent that I plan on taking before my annual trip up a 14er on the 4th. I am fairly immune to the effects of Caffeine having consumed daily energy drinks for almost 15 years, so Yeti and Blaze don't affect me as much as they would some. Ammo tastes surprisingly good, but I have found that it's even better if I squeeze some Mio in the water beforehand.

If I had to say something negative it would be their order processing and shipping leaves something to be desired and their product consistency has suffered lately in what I assume was a shift to larger scale production in attempts to keep up with demand.

Also, you can always get 20% off using one of many coupon codes. ROK20 is the Rokslide one, so use it to help fund the site.

Last edited:
MTN OPS is awesome. I've been taking pre-workout supplements for years on and off. Much better product than any in have used so far. It produces a nice smooth energy, not a spike that makes you jittery and want to crap your pants. I've been hitting PR's much more consistently using Ammo and Yeti

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
Vtsheddog

Vtsheddog

FNG
Ok thanks for the info guys, I think I'll give it a shot

elkyinzer

WKR
I was one of those that did the Yeti pre-workout test, it is good stuff, although I don't have experience with other brands to compare it to. I don't use it every time I workout, but when my ass is dragging and I know it's going to be a rough day in the gym or wherever, I'll down the Yeti and the improvement in my energy is noticeable.

I am about to run out of that first tub and I am torn between buying one from MtnOps and looking into other options. Quite honestly I am leaning toward seeing what else is out there due to suspecting that a substantially equal product can be had at a better price, and the fact that quite honestly as a company, I find their obnoxious culture or personality, or whatever it is that drives their advertising and trickles all the way down to the hordes of social media suckups, just annoys the hell out of me.

JP7

Lil-Rokslider
I really like all the MTN OPS products I've used. I've used Yeti, Enduro, and Ammo their meal replacement. Compared to some of the products from GNC and similar sources there are some similarities and some differences.

Ammo
-I like ammo as a meal replacement for many reasons. It has a good nutritional profile, is made with Whey protein, and has the fruits and vegetables added to it.
-With Ammo, you need to drink it as soon as possible after mixing because the flax seed swells up, which is good if you're using it to lose weight or just avoid eating junk food throughout the day.

Enduro
-I take this before doing cardio and I like it. May be a placebo effect but it feels like I'm more efficient with oxygen.
-I haven't seen anything like enduro at GNC or another similar source.

Yeti
-I've taken a bunch of pre workouts, like N.O. Explode, BlackPowder, Jack3d (the banned formula with 1,3 dimethylamylamine).
-Most of those pre workouts have a bunch of filler and made me nauseous. Jack3d and Yeti are the only ones that don't.
-Yeti doesn't give you the cracked out energy as some of the other pre-workouts do, but it feels like a cleaner energy and the right amount. The higher energy feeling comes with a brutal crash. Yeti doesn't have that crash with me.

I still use products you'd get at GNC like Optimum Nutrition Whey, a few different BCAA drink powders. I've also used OX by MTN OPS and I liked it but I'm not sure if it would be my first choice for a supplement of that type.

OP
Vtsheddog

Vtsheddog

FNG
I really like all the MTN OPS products I've used. I've used Yeti, Enduro, and Ammo their meal replacement. Compared to some of the products from GNC and similar sources there are some similarities and some differences.

Ammo
-I like ammo as a meal replacement for many reasons. It has a good nutritional profile, is made with Whey protein, and has the fruits and vegetables added to it.
-With Ammo, you need to drink it as soon as possible after mixing because the flax seed swells up, which is good if you're using it to lose weight or just avoid eating junk food throughout the day.

Enduro
-I take this before doing cardio and I like it. May be a placebo effect but it feels like I'm more efficient with oxygen.
-I haven't seen anything like enduro at GNC or another similar source.

Yeti
-I've taken a bunch of pre workouts, like N.O. Explode, BlackPowder, Jack3d (the banned formula with 1,3 dimethylamylamine).
-Most of those pre workouts have a bunch of filler and made me nauseous. Jack3d and Yeti are the only ones that don't.
-Yeti doesn't give you the cracked out energy as some of the other pre-workouts do, but it feels like a cleaner energy and the right amount. The higher energy feeling comes with a brutal crash. Yeti doesn't have that crash with me.

I still use products you'd get at GNC like Optimum Nutrition Whey, a few different BCAA drink powders. I've also used OX by MTN OPS and I liked it but I'm not sure if it would be my first choice for a supplement of that type.

Awesome thank you for all the good info, right now I use GNC brand amplified wheybolic extreme 60, fast absorbing protein but I ordered some magnum to try, I may order a jug of yeti also if I like the magnum.