Muzzle Brake Timing

ajbailey21

Lil-Rokslider
I’m waiting on my suppressor to get out of jail. In meantime I bought a muzzle brake from silencer co. If comes with shins for the timing but I’ve tried every combination of them that I can come up with and I can’t get it timed right. Am I missing something or do I just need more shims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shooter71

Lil-Rokslider
If it’s a peel washer you should be able to pick thin layers off until you get close. They’ll look like a regular washer but are actually stacked.

Bsevans5

FNG
Hopefully not more...just a different combination. I didn't have too much trouble timing the brake. Just had to try a few different combinations of shims

mac424

FNG
Yeah there should be different size shims. Takes some playing, but it should not be impossible. I had a few that I REALLY had to wrench on from YHM, but it worked out. I've recently just switched to flash hiders though. I figured I'd probably not be using a gun without a suppressor once the adapter is on.

Wrench

WKR
Take your thread pitch and divide it by one inch. For example, 24tpi is .04167" per revolution.

If you need half of one revolution, you need half of that thickness. If you need a quarter rev....you need a quarter....etc.