Muzzle Break or Suppressor?

What do you have on your hunting rifle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First year I had a can i used it on a 22" barrel and honestly found the nuisance of the added length/bulk more of a negative than the benefit of noise/recoil reduction on the very few shots taken. I've since moved to some shorter barrels. My tolerance for shooting unsuppressed at the range has continued to shrink with time and that is pushing me more into dedicated suppressed rifles for most purposes.

Doesn't really matter when a suppressor takes 12 months to get, either you shoot a brake or don't.

Yes, not everyone (fair to say most people) has a suppressor. I just had 2 suppressors clear in 2 months though.

ID_Matt

WKR
Suppressor for hunting and range work. Muzzle brake for competition. Have tried shooting suppressed in comps but found that I just shoot better with a brake when time is a factor. The long impulse of the suppressor is a big factor.

WCB

WKR
I am waiting on my first Suppressor and since there is no choice for neither I picked Suppressor...absolutely anything is better than a brake.

After carrying a suppressed rifle with a 24" barrel in some less than favorable terrain, my last build was a 30 cal mag with a brake, with the idea I would not use a suppressor on this specific rifle
Seems easier to just cut the barrel down to make the length of the rifle manageable while suppressed.

Whisky

WKR
Seems easier to just cut the barrel down to make the length of the rifle manageable while suppressed.
The 30cal is a 26" carbon so I'm screwed there.
I do intend to cut the 24" steel down once I have it rechambered.

Lemhi

FNG
Brake for me (hunted with cans for a lot of years).

Once upon a time I was hunting with my father, spotted some deer on an opposing ridge. I ducked into a quakie patch with a spring to stalk said deer. As I was sneaking along a calf moose was feeding in the spring ~15 yards ahead of me. I froze and watched hoping to avoid conflict. As luck would have it momma came my way exiting the trees into my view ~10 yards away. She spotted me and immediately tossed her ears back and charged me hoofs flying. I had my rifle ready and fully intended to put one square in her chest. I couldn’t get my rifle lowered quickly enough as she was nearly on top of me I let a shot rip which missed her head by inches as she brushed my left shoulder. The report of that rifle near her head as she attempted to trample me was the only thing that saved my life that day and the location of the shot handily notified my father that something was wrong.

End of report.

czgunner

FNG
The only thing I brake are SBR's that are always suppressed (protect the blast baffle on shorties).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Got my first suppressor last year, im a big fan. I dont see me using my brakes again.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
Suppressors are only used by thugs and criminal organizations to completely silence their shots, making it impossible for the public and police to know where they are coming from.

At least that’s what my government says.

I wish we could have suppressors up here in Canuckistan.

We are stuck with muzzle brakes only. My 7PRC wears a brake for the open prairie hunts (I have time to put ear pro in) but for the bush I take it off so I don’t blow my ear drums out.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Silencer all the way. The only thing I don’t shoot suppressed is my 375 and that’s just because I do t shoot it enough to justify a specialty silencer that can handle .375 rounds.

I plan to never shoot a firearm without a suppressor again. Between my Dead Air Mask, Scythe-Ti and AB Raptor 8 375, there’s literally no weapon that needs to go without one.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I plan to never shoot a firearm without a suppressor again. Between my Dead Air Mask, Scythe-Ti and AB Raptor 8 375, there’s literally no weapon that needs to go without one.
Same except for my 375, who knows though. Maybe I’ll get a raptor like you did or some other monstrosity that can handle the 375.