Muzzle loader scope help.

Pdawg88

Lil-Rokslider
Hello. I am looking to purchase a new muzzleloader and scope. I think I’ll probably end up getting the CVA Accura LR-X. My question is what is a good overall scope to put in top of it? I hunt whitetails in Oklahoma. will have shoots out to 300 yards or so. Any info would be appreciated!

Mine is wearing a swfa 3-9 after trying a few other options. 300 is a poke with a muzzleloader, a 2mph wind change can wreck you. Reliable dialing and a reticle with good wind holds is a must.

Last edited:
You will want a scope that will hold zero. Swfa is a great choice. Recoil can be tough on cheap scopes with big muzzy bullets. Too many guys put a $100 scope on their muzzy and then can’t understand why their shots are all over the place.

elkivory

FNG
You will want a scope that will hold zero. Swfa is a great choice. Recoil can be tough on cheap scopes with big muzzy bullets. Too many guys put a $100 scope on their muzzy and then can’t understand why their shots are all over the place.
I shoot a 338 win mag, 300 mag and recoil of my Accura V2 seems like it is considerably more. Probably need to really make sure scope mounting system is done properly, ie. locktite on screws and check periodically. I would say the same holds true when mounting open sights like the williams precision.

Honyock

WKR
I run a CVA Acccura with an old Leupold VX2 3x9. There's no way I'm shooting at a whitetail with a muzzleloader at 300 yards.

frbg2019

FNG
I’ve always had good luck with Leupold. Magnification will depend on a lot of factors…especially personal preference.

Rich M

WKR
I've got a diamondback BDC scope and might put it on my ML. Thing is that my likely shot will be less than 100 yards, so don't really need to go there.

Joebe

FNG
I have Leupold VR3 3.5x10 50MM on my Accura V2. I love big bell scopes for light gathering. I would never shoot 300 but with this scope easily see out past 150. Also I shoot 250G bullets with 120grains of Buckhorn, this scope has held POI for over 4 years without an adjustment

Most prefer killing bucks over banging at them.

Buckslyr

Lil-Rokslider
Not familiar with that brand, I’ll have to look into it. Have you used them yourself?
I own one of every model in their line. They have been great scopes. I own, and have owned scopes from just about tier. In my experience, they hit way above their weight class.

Last edited by a moderator:

forwilldrive

FNG
Classified Approved
Have one with an old Redfield scope on it that has held it’s zero for years, and another has the Nikon Omega on it.

BPI_Outdoors

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hello. I am looking to purchase a new muzzleloader and scope. I think I’ll probably end up getting the CVA Accura LR-X. My question is what is a good overall scope to put in top of it? I hunt whitetails in Oklahoma. will have shoots out to 300 yards or so. Any info would be appreciated!
I like the Vortex Diamondbacks 4 to 12 with the drop down box cross hairs. Life time no fault warranty. I believe it is better than the Crossfire.