My daughter survived Covid and returned to work today!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
My daughter got it and we had to bring her home from college(several positive tests). She has been home for 14 days. Tanya and I have not had any symptoms with daily contact with Aubrey.

Just seems odd.....

I have 8 close coworkers who have positive tests. Most of them had family they live with who never got it or who had only very mild symptoms. My kids don't get out to see other kids enough these days and I worry about what they are missing. Sometimes I want to get the virus and be done with it, and other days I worry one of us might get very sick.

NDGuy

WKR
My daughter got it and we had to bring her home from college(several positive tests). She has been home for 14 days. Tanya and I have not had any symptoms with daily contact with Aubrey.

Just seems odd.....
Ryan how did you guys fare? You and Tanya end up with it?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ryan how did you guys fare? You and Tanya end up with it?
I never got tested(I work from home) never had any symptoms. Tanya is a nurse so she gets tested a lot, all negative. She had been around hundreds of China Flu patients at work and has yet to get it.

NDGuy

WKR
I never got tested(I work from home) never had any symptoms. Tanya is a nurse so she gets tested a lot, all negative. She had been around hundreds of China Flu patients at work and has yet to get it.
That's great news sir. Glad your daughter was alright too.

Tanya I am sure is ready for a year long nap after this shitshow lol

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
That's great news sir. Glad your daughter was alright too.

Tanya I am sure is ready for a year long nap after this shitshow lol
Haha! She's really tired of the mask and 12-hour shifts. She convinced it makes her tired.

Aubery's whole college basketball team got it and all of them are back to playing games.

NDGuy

WKR
Aubery's whole college basketball team got it and all of them are back to playing games.
My cousin is a U of M football player they all basically got it too. So far no lingering issues like a few of the Ohio State guys.

It's gonna be a long winter.

I care for covid patients.

After 8 months we have a pretty good handle on how this stuff acts, which is completely unpredictable. Our ICU is overwhelmed, most of our cardiopulmonary floor is isolation, and two of our wings has been fitted with ventilators and assigned as an ICU pods.

Compassion fatigue is a real thing. Month after month of watching people's lives torn apart is very stressful. My floor is full of the finest nurses you could imagine and the wear on their faces is very real.

You are full of shit if you think only 80 year old people with significant comorbidities are being effected by this. I care for people in their 50's and 60's on a regular basis with no serious previous medical conditions. I certainly won't go into specifics but for a fact I have watched people devastated by this stuff who you would never imagine being at high risk.

I just don't understand why people are so against wearing a mask. It really isn't a big deal and you very well may be saving the life of someone you care about. This is real. It sucks. And it is killing people every day. Do your part, it's not that hard.

Absolutely terrified of flu season. I lost two patients last year from flu. Add covid to that and it could be bad. We are all scared.
I've always said if we in healthcare wore a fireman's hat, drove a cool paramedic rig, or had LEO badge, maybe more Americans would want to help us out. I dearly respect and love every one of those professions. They are my brothers and sisters and I know they get a lot of well deserved love. We in direct patient care (clinics, hospitals, etc.) are worn out there is no question. I've been knee deep in COVID-19 since March. I feel burned out truth be told. My vacation was cancelled so I/we can take care of the nonstop volume of patients. Im working nights this week to cover for a colleague that lost her husband this past week due to COVID-19 complications. I can go on and on. Everyone has their story. I'm not asking for pity.

I fully get that most are unaffected by COVID-19 and if they get the disease they will have minimal or no symptoms. I also understand these facts contributes to the spread of this virus. Many don't feel threatened so they don't protect themselves or those around them.

The one thing I do know, is asking the masses to take the burden off the healthcare system by wearing a mask, isn't working very well. We really need everyones help on this matter. Even if you don't want to wear a mask understand it really helps us in direct patient care.

Wearing a mask and/or getting the vaccine is our only hope for this upcoming year. This is the only way we in healthcare are going to get a break. The vaccine is an option now as well. God knows we need a break.

Be safe and god bless!!

Last edited:

Fatcamp

WKR
I've always said if we in healthcare wore a fireman's hat, drove a cool paramedic rig, or had LEO badge, maybe more Americans would want to help us out. I dearly respect and love every one of those professions. They are my brothers and sisters and I know they get a lot of well deserved love. We in direct patient care (clinics, hospitals, etc.) are worn out there is no question. I've been knee deep in COVID-19 since March. I feel burned out truth be told. My vacation was cancelled so I/we can take care of the nonstop volume of patients. Im working nights this week to cover for a colleague that lost her her husband this past week due to COVID-19 complications. I can go on and on. Everyone has their story. I'm not asking for pity.

I fully get that most are unaffected by COVID-19 and if they get they disease they will have minimal or no symptoms. I also understand these facts contributes to the spread of this virus. Many don't feel threatened so they don't protect themselves of those around them.

The one thing I do know, is asking the masses to take the burden off the healthcare system by wearing a mask, isn't working very well. We really need everyones help on this matter. Even if you don't want to wear a mask understand it really helps us in direct patient care.

Wearing a mask and/or getting the vaccine is our only hope for this upcoming year. This is the only way we in healthcare are going to get a break. The vaccine is an option now as well. God knows we need a break.

Be safe and god bless!!

Couldn't agree more. Hope you can find some peace during this Christmas season.