My First Whitetail with the K4

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I have been able to get out with the new K4 for 3 good days. I posted previously about strapping my Bigshot Buckshot climber to the K4 frame, connecting the bag straps to my 2200 bag in the middle, using the rifle carrier bottom to support my rifle, and using the middle straps to hold the rifle in place. I did it again this time.

I practiced this a fair amount. I used it opening weekend in the upstate of SC, used it to still hunt for bears in SC WMA GZ1 (unsuccessfully), and to hunt WMA in his weekend. I finally got lucky.

It was a cold morning. I could see 300yds all around me over a clear cut and somehow a 3pt walks out right behind me. I let him hold it.

I took my stand back to the truck, shed my clothes, and came back for the buck. I field dressed him, tied him up, and carried him out. He packed out quite well and he weighed less than I train with so it felt great. It was easy to get him out over all the fallen timber and vines.

The crib panel supported the majority of the weight. I used two strap straps extensions to get around him so he would wobble. The bag had my stuff in it for cleaning/packing and was the next layer to hold him in. I thought it all worked well. No slipping.

Good luck to everyone else.

Attachments

• IMG_2559.jpeg
    IMG_2559.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2563.jpeg
    IMG_2563.jpeg
    811.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2565.jpeg
    IMG_2565.jpeg
    716.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2591.jpeg