My Mountain Ascent. PBR Edition

Joee

Lil-Rokslider
My son has this rifle in 243 and for the money its a great rifle.

Jimbob

WKR
I have this rifle in stainless and 7mm-08. It shot horrible at first and I opened the barrel channel and changed ammo and got groups to 1.25". Since the last time shooting I have done the following:

1. clipped the trigger spring and now it is down to 2lbs 10 ozs pull (I can do lighter with the allen key adjustment but with my son using it this is good)(I am pretty sure I ended up taking 1.75 coils off. I started just clipping a bit at a time and reassembling until I got it where I wanted)
2. I polished the sear so it is breaking much better. (actually comparable to my tikka now) (leather strop on a board and jewellers rouge was all that was needed)
3. Opened the barrel channel more so there is no contact
3. Purchased components to start some handholds.

Leupold vx2 2-7x33 and Talley mounts make it a great set-up. I am really hoping for sub moa but for a handy hunting rifle I will be happy around 1".

OP
H

husky390

WKR
And I opened this for a discussion about the Kimber rifles????????/

LOL, it's kinda like a Kimber only a helluva lot cheaper and I've yet to have a failure to feed. Though I do miss the three position safety on my Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Every time I see PBR all I can think of is Professional Bull Riders.;) I'm not sure I've ever actually even seen any Pabst Blue Ribbon in my lifetime. Probably not very popular in Colorado.

OP
H

husky390

WKR
Every time I see PBR all I can think of is Professional Bull Riders.;) I'm not sure I've ever actually even seen any Pabst Blue Ribbon in my lifetime. Probably not very popular in Colorado.

It's everywhere here for about $17 a 30 pack but why bother with our excellent selection of craft brews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garyw

FNG
We got my daughter inlaw a american compact in 308 two years ago and she really likes it. she shoots 150gr custom lite(reduced recoil) hornady ammunition. the first year she killed three the next year she killed two and this season she killed one. we hunt in alabama so we only hunt whitetail.