My Trip Of A Life Time

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
Here are some photos from last weeks muzzleloader hunt. I was able to call in a few nice bulls, but it was a spike only unit. One fella had a cow tag in camp and was able to take his first elk. The elk bugling in the water is my favorite picture that Ive ever personally took. Unfortunately I didnt have my canon and was using a decent point and shoot of my dads. It still turned out pretty good.
Its opening day of Blacktail season here in WA. Heading out here pretty quick. Slept in a little this morning trying to kick this cold.

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
Every seen an elk drug out whole? It was my first experience with this but these old timers, known as the wolf pack, have never had to quarter up an elk, and theyve killed a few. Pretty crazy to see the whole wolf pack heaving on a rope haha

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
Me and good friend of mine were able to get out yesterday to chase one of my favorite deer species, Blacktailed deer. It was a gorgeous morning (rare in western wa this time of year) and he was able to anchor this nice little forky on film at about 50 yards. He was so dam excited and there was no talking him into passing up this buck haha I think you can tell by his smile just how happy he was. It was a great morning.

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
Sorry I haven't posted much on this thread lately fellas. I've been doing some side work building my bank account back up for my next assault. Heading to post falls id tomorrow to stay the night with a good friend of mine and then on to billings for the start of mine and Dustin's mule deer hunt. We have the rest of the entire season starting Saturday.
Were hoping our good friend Michael will be able to make it up from Pocatello, it will be the first time the whole Beartooth film production crew would be able to hunt and film together !
We have a lot of film to look over and start editing as well. Some good stuff is in the works so stay tuned!

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
Been behind the camera for me the last week or so. Helped Shrek get a buck and almost an elk. Went out tonight with my buddy Dustin and got him on the same herd that Shrek was on. It almost happened if we would have had just a few more seconds. Heading out early tomorrow to see what happens. The huntings been really slow with these warm temps.

View attachment 11661

View attachment 11662

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
Huntings been slow out east so we decided to get back to our roots and head up to the Beartooth today. Saw one shooter buck far off. I've hunted the area he is in and it's an entire day hunt. Tomorrow we will be leaving the trailhead well before light to get there in time
gudegu7a.jpg
atuna2ab.jpg

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
Never did turn up the Beartooth buck. Saw 6 bucks down low yesterday with none being very good and the hunting pressure was unreal, felt bad for those deer. Heading to Broadus tomorrow AM to see if we have any better luck out there. Neither of us have been there before but it looks like a ton of public land and hopefully less pressure. Any suggestions welcome haha should be a lot of fun.

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
My good friend Dustin was able to take his first big game animal this morning! Its been a rough hunt for us this year and we surely worked for this deer, hes actually the 3rd biggest buck we've seen on public land the last 8 days. It was a great learning experience for him though. I taught him how to do the gutless method and he insisted on packing out the whole boned out mulie himself the 3/4 mile to the truck. I think its about as good as a first deer as any with plenty of room to grow. What a great day.
Im up next now. I'm looking for a buck at least the size of the one I got last year but from what I've seen thus far I'm fairly doubtful. I'm not too worried though I'd rather eat my tag then shoot a dink and not be happy with him.

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
Having one hell of a time finding a cooperative buck. We jumped a nice buck walking into an area yesterday and he was gone and on private. No sight of him or any other bucks today. Saw 17 does and no bucks. He was the second "nice buck" we've seen in two weeks of hard hunting. And by nice I dont mean big or huge just a decent 140-150 class buck at very most. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Running out of time and money so who knows how long I'll keep at it.