Mystery Ranch Guide Light MT Frame Size

drewgttu

FNG
Pulled the trigger on a MR Pintler (bag only) option on Camofire, only to find out later that MR does not sell the MT frame by itself. The old frame yes, but I would like the new and improved option. I did see a mention somewhere that sizing can be changed with a new belt/yoke. Does anyone have experience with this? There's a medium for sale, but I need a large. Do you think if I'm on the low end of the large sizing, I can squeak by with a medium?

With a handful of buckles you could make that bag work on a NICe or guidelight frame.

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
I’d definitely try to find the GLMT frame, my good friend has the older frame and the new waist belt is a definite upgrade. Just my opinion though and like everyone says each pack will fit everyone different. I’ve been pack training with a 60 lb sandbag in mine and it holds the weight great. Really no complains.

I would not recommend a medium if you need a large. Could you do it, yes, but you won't have as much padding contact on the waist with the smaller belt. So if you don't plan to carry much weight in it, then go for it. If you do plan on hauling with it then go for the larger frame.

Wapiti16

FNG
I would try to get your hands on the new frame if possible. It's awesome. Big improvement IMO. Waist belt is awesome.

OP
D

drewgttu

FNG
Sure enough, ended up snagging one off Camofire probably about a week later. New 2020 bag and frame in large. I had always seen the bag only options pop up and never both so that's why I ended up making that first purchase. Should arrive this weekend, can't wait to try it out. This will be my first pack.

kravguy

WKR
I would have said you could squeak by with a medium. I would have put myself in the upper medium end to lower large, but I'm actually running a small belt and it fits pretty good with a few inches left over.