NEED a New Semi Auto 12 Gauge

Macintosh

WKR
Then you can buy the reliable one that’ll cycle what you plan to shoot, and if you arent familiar with the process you can get help shooting the gun for fit using a pattern sheet so you get the fit right. This is something you can easily do yourself if you know how to do it. Or, if you arent a solid shotgun shooter already you could do worse than to take a lesson from an nsca certified coach to go over some mounting fundamentals and help you fit the gun and proof that fit on some moving targets. That is $ well spent.

SloppyJ

WKR
Seriously not trying to sway you but I know the Maxus comes with different spacers and offset angles for the fitment of the butt stock to the receiver. I would imagine that the other companies include that as well. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the options you listed.

I shoot left hand so they make a spacer that's angled backwards for left handed shooters and included with the shotgun. I didn't think I'd make much of a difference but the dove field proved otherwise this year. Plenty of times I was retrieving a dove and had to pull up and shoot one that was flying over that I didn't see until someone yelled at me. I'm not that great of a shot but when you smoke one in one shot with all of your friends watching, you have to act like it's a normal occurrence :)

Natural point of aim was a huge deal, and I didn’t realize it until I handled the benelli and franchi. My Stoeger Pump has never fit me great (12th birthday gift from dad), but I always thought it was because I spent most of my time rifle shooting and not shotgunning. But when I picked up the Benelli and Franchi and they shouldered naturally and instantaneously, I realized just how critical getting a good fit is.

What issues have you seen from inertia guns? I’m interested to learn if I’m overlooking something, but most of what I’m seeing has to do with extremely cold weather. My boss and his boys shoot SBE3’s for everything from pheasant and chukkars to clays to geese and everything in between and haven’t had any issues. But theirs are less than 5 years old at this point.
It’s usually on the river or layouts in the cold. I use pretty good lube but some wore out springs and puffy clothes get some miss fires/fail to seat bolt. I mean this benelli has seen over 5,000 birds fall so it’s likely lived it’s life. Major cold fronts from Canada ie. -20 mornings plus some wind no shotgun or rifle performs flawlessly all the time.

You’ll be happy. I think the m2 or montefeltro are grey buys. I only run 3.5s for Sandhills.