Need Help Picking Boots

Tmb59181

FNG
Looking into spending some dough on a new pair of hunting boots. I have read alot of good things about Lowas and more specifically the Lowa Tibet GTX. Currently considering these, but also looking at a couple of other brands. Potentially considering Zamberlan (1013 leopard GTX, 1017 Smilidon GTX), and potentially the LA Sportiva Trango Cube GTX.

I live out in western Oregon and hunt a lot of logging roads. Also will be potentially doing an Alaska hunt next season, and looking to apply in few other western states. Main points are looking for 1 boot that can handle several different types of terrain, that lasts several seasons, and is waterproof. I will be pairing these with merino wool socks, but would prefer to have 1 go to pair of boots. Any suggestions would be helpful!!

gfreidy

WKR
I believe the Tibet’s are a great choice. Will probably also try the Renegade’s on lighter terrain hunts.

cbeck36

Lil-Rokslider
I put a lot of miles on a pair of lowa rangers, they were getting pretty rough so I purchased a pair of Crispis. Then, a member here was selling a pair of Tibet’s at a ridiculously low price that I couldn’t refuse. The Tibet’s are a stouter boot for sure, took some getting used to, but man they are good boots. Nothing against the Crispi, but the lowas fit and feel are are better for me. The Tibet’s are not a mountaineering but they are robust. To me.

Honyock

WKR
+1,000 on the Crispi boots. I run the Nevada and Guide boot and love them. Priority #1 is how they fit. Try on several and find what fits you the best. No amount of money will overcome a bad fitting boot.