Need Help - VA5 to Arca Issue

ELKdeerMT

FNG
I bought this and mounted it to my rifle. It will not fit in my VA-5 head, it goes on about half way but when it runs into the clamp area it seizes up. I've got the clamp all the way backed out and it works fine with the supplied SIRUI TY-60 plate. I'm curious if I'm missing something or if anyone else has had this issue?

1715272537904.png
1715272551495.png

Here is the plate I put on the front of my rifle:

1715272375702.png

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but from all the research I've gathered I thought they would work together.

Have you pulled the knob out that locks the plate in place and unscrewed it some (not just 1 turn)? It should have a lot of adjustment to fit various plates.

Have you pulled the knob out that locks the plate in place and unscrewed it some (not just 1 turn)? It should have a lot of adjustment to fit various plates.
No, but i'll give it a try when I'm home tonight...that's probably it. It seemed to only loosen out a half turn when I was briefly messing with it last night. I'll have to look a little closer and see if I can loosen it more.

Is this the knob you're talking about:
1715273715151.png

That circled knob pulls out and you can then loosen the nut underneath to adjust the tension when you loosen/tighten the actual arca clamp. This will allow for slightly different plates to get positive engagement with the head, or in your case fit past the clamp area. Some arca-swiss cuts vary from others. It is possible that you'd have to loosen it so much that the clamp will now NOT engage the Sirui head above.

Thank you both, that’s gotta be it. I appreciate it. Probably just needed to mess with it a bit more. Was bummed cause I had drilled and JB welded the inserts into my stock. I think it’ll work with that clamp being loosened.

Back