Need to use ground venison

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
I have two pounds of ground straight venison thawed out that I need to use. Wife had planned to do something with it but never did. I want to do something different with it. No chili, tacos spaghetti or burgers. Any unique recipes?

OP
P

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks but I should have included that in my original post. Was thinking Chinese dumplings or something like that

Shepard’s pie, enchiladas, nachos, if you know Vietnamese a Bánh bao is our favorite “dumpling” style food made with ground meat (usually pork)

1605969987210.jpeg

rayporter

WKR
mix it with mac and cheese. i like it this way.

not what you want but you could dry it and use it next year hunting!

i have mixed it with macaroni and with ramen.

This rollup looks interesting:

Tater tot casserole

WoodDuck

Lil-Rokslider
Lasagna is a good way to use up burger as well. Can make multiple pans and freeze until you a are ready to eat. The wontons sound like a great idea.

peterk123

WKR
Oh boy, where to start. Most have been mentioned but I use it for, burgers, meatballs, chili, meatloaf, and lasagna. If you need a little fat in there so it won't taste dry, grind up some bacon. 25 to 50% ratio.

I like your dumpling idea though. I have been dying to try that.

But meatballs are my favorite. I use, venison hamburger, eggs, bread crumbs garlic powder, salt, pepper, some ground coriander, and a healthy dose of grated parmesan. I also take some onions and bell peppers, throw it in the food processor to grind it all up. That gets mixed in there. Now here is the secret. Do not bake it. Get that frying pan out and dump some oil in there. Brown those bad boys until you know they will not fall apart. Then into the sauce they go where they continue cook and simmer for a couple of hours.

This year though I got my hands on about 30 pounds of Chicken of the Woods mushrooms. I found a couple nice batches in the woods. I don't believe you guys out west get them. I ground it all up into almost bread crumb size and have substituted the bread crumbs with the shrooms. They came out great.