Netflix's "Our Planet"

LandYacht

WKR
Well, if we can’t do anything to fix it, let’s all play fiddles while it burns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWP58

WKR
Volcanos =200 million tons of CO2 cars and industry 24billion tons. Orders of magnitude different. Carry on though don’t regulate it cause Volcanoes do it to so if we do it more it doesn’t mean anything https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earthtalks-volcanoes-or-humans/

If you dont think 200 millions tons of CO2 isnt a serious threat to our planet, I just dont know if you're very serious out combating climate change.

If these volcanoes are left untaxed or regulated, countries or entire continents will be under water due to rising ocean levels.

Taxes = salvation

MtGomer

WKR
If we regulate all industry out of business in this country and tax the middle class until they have no disposable income, the Earth’s mean average temperature will decline. It’s science folks.
That’s your choice. Make it, knowing that most of you are already past the average life expectancy of the Stone Age, or enjoy your last 12 years before we perish in a fireball of cow farts and carbon monoxide from trumptards rolling coal from their small peepee powerstrokes.

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
It’s always great to see individuals balk at any mention of taxing corporations/big business (not mom and pop they already pay more than their share). Like they are just a couple steps from owning the factory themselves. Or because they employ others (often at wages below those able to sustain someone) they have fully and totally completed their socialital obligations. If a Corp needs tens of millions, hundreds of millions, billions in profit each year but can’t afford their share of tax and instead dumps it on their employees and the rest of the country maybe they should close up shop. Just like maybe cities shouldnt give hundreds of millions to build stadiums tax free but invest in education (but that would mean more science learned folks so bad I guess). There are lots of opinions on what the best course of action going forward is but it’s prettyeasy to see the status quo is not a good one.

"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class."
George Carlin.

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
If you dont think 200 millions tons of CO2 isnt a serious threat to our planet, I just dont know if you're very serious out combating climate change.

If these volcanoes are left untaxed or regulated, countries or entire continents will be under water due to rising ocean levels.

Taxes = salvation

More of the same from you, deflecting, trying to gaslight, it only continues to show just how little actual information means to you unless it comes from someone you’ve previously decided to believe.

Next time you get a nail in your tire have the shop add 100 more that should fix it.

sasquatch

WKR
I don’t think we can control the climate

I just worry about where does it end with population. With a growing population many things we love change for the worse.

More ppl, more food needed, way more than any natural process can create. So farming practices change, we eliminate more habitat to produce more.

Then certain animal populations decrease at the same time our number increase. So now more ppl targeting those remaining animals. Limiting our outdoor opportunities.

More ppl, need more area to live, so we again eliminate more land area to cover in cement. Which them leads to other flood type issues and other sorts.

More ppl, more fuels and such needed. So then we build more industry to support those ppl. Which again has its impacts.

It’s all a compounding issue that almost always in some way traces back to population.

Some places have eliminated water sources needing to look for others. Why?? A lot is More people pulling from said source. More farms that need more water, etc etc.

If we lived “natural” just like say animals our population would be regulated for “carrying capacity” just like all our wildlife that we all about managing! But reality is humans, especially in today’s world DONT live like that. We create things to carry more of us, which I also like in many ways. But the question is where will it stop??

Are we gonna get to the point of just living to work, and eat synthetic made foods??

JWP58

WKR
More of the same from you, deflecting, trying to gaslight, it only continues to show just how little actual information means to you unless it comes from someone you’ve previously decided to believe.

Next time you get a nail in your tire have the shop add 100 more that should fix it.
No actually I'm just trolling you because this is like a religion to you, and I find that hilarious.

Fact, the world isnt going to end in 12yrs due to "climate change". But the radical left might find enough people like you to enable them to enact ludacris carbon taxes.

Repent now for your carbon sins, send the Government more money!

All in good fun

Last edited:

sasquatch

WKR
I would say we are closer to Idiocracy than anything else..didn't think I was watching a documentary when I watched that movie.

NO DOUBT!! But those dumb ppl vote for us all hahaha.

If your a rough neck like I think I understand, Ik you experience the same general stupidity of the general public as I do.

I work in refining, work for valero.

True story, man in his 50s, been here for 10yrs. Retired as a high rank military official and served 4 tours in Iraq. This man had to bring new ratchet straps to work the other day so we can show him how to operate them.

This is a guy eating up a VERY good and very high paying job that could go to someone with some sense. That’s just one story of the many I can tell!

KurtR

WKR
We are on another blizzard up here in Sodak if any one has any of that global warming we will take it .... Thank you

rtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
I could be wrong but aren't most "scientists" funded by grants given by the government? Hard for me to trust anyone who depends on uncle sam for their job to be unbiased. The 99% number is just a way to silence anyone who questions. It's no different than the 80's when the term "settled science" was thrown around to silence anyone who questioned that we were spiraling into an ice age. Everyone wants a cleaner and less polluted world. The one solution to that problem that everyone from the far left will agree on is more taxes. I for one think that if there is a problem that actually needs fixing the innovation of a free capitalist society will be the ones to fix it not the government.

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
No actually I'm just trolling you because this is like a religion to you, and I find that hilarious.

Fact, the world isnt going to end in 12yrs due to "climate change". But the radical left might find enough people like you to enable them to enact ludacris carbon taxes.

Repent now for your carbon sins, send the Government more money!

All in good fun

There it is there’s no way to have any meaningful conversation when you start under the false pretense. You were never going to change your mind nor was your intent to change others your simply looking to make yourself feel better by frustrating others. Maybe get some counseling to find the root of your insecurities. The rest of us on both sides can try to come to some meaningful change.

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
I could be wrong but aren't most "scientists" funded by grants given by the government? Hard for me to trust anyone who depends on uncle sam for their job to be unbiased. The 99% number is just a way to silence anyone who questions. It's no different than the 80's when the term "settled science" was thrown around to silence anyone who questioned that we were spiraling into an ice age. Everyone wants a cleaner and less polluted world. The one solution to that problem that everyone from the far left will agree on is more taxes. I for one think that if there is a problem that actually needs fixing the innovation of a free capitalist society will be the ones to fix it not the government.

Free capitalist society by its very definition will try to wring every last dollar out it can no matter the callateral damage. Unchecked capitalism doesn’t aim to solve a problem unless a dollar can be made, and only for those who can pay. The global climate is for everyone and everything not just those who can pay. You can thank unions acting against capitalist interests for the weekend, 40hour week, limits on child labor. Capitalist interests arent humanity interests all the time.

MtGomer

WKR
It’s always great to see individuals balk at any mention of taxing corporations/big business (not mom and pop they already pay more than their share). Like they are just a couple steps from owning the factory themselves. Or because they employ others (often at wages below those able to sustain someone) they have fully and totally completed their socialital obligations. If a Corp needs tens of millions, hundreds of millions, billions in profit each year but can’t afford their share of tax and instead dumps it on their employees and the rest of the country maybe they should close up shop. Just like maybe cities shouldnt give hundreds of millions to build stadiums tax free but invest in education (but that would mean more science learned folks so bad I guess). There are lots of opinions on what the best course of action going forward is but it’s prettyeasy to see the status quo is not a good one.

"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class."
George Carlin.

Corporations love guys like you. There’s a reason they donate millions to liberal SuperPACs and their millionaire executives wrote big check and hold fundraisers for far left candidates. They love taxes and regulations. They can afford to pay tax attorneys and accountants to lessen their liability, they can afford to comply or permit exemptions to regulations, they have a full floor of attorneys at their tower on retainer for compliance measures.
I do this for a living. A huge corporation pays me way more than most small business owners would be thrilled to make in a year, to help them stay legal and in compliance. There are hundreds of people at my company doing this. The regulations aren’t hindering us, they are protecting us from competition. It’s just a cost of doing business and our customers pay for it.
Mom and pop just pay and pay and pinch and squeeze and then sell out or close.

Also worth noting,
The wealthy pay over 80% of all income tax, while 40 something percent of people don’t pay ANY

JWP58

WKR
There it is there’s no way to have any meaningful conversation when you start under the false pretense. You were never going to change your mind nor was your intent to change others your simply looking to make yourself feel better by frustrating others. Maybe get some counseling to find the root of your insecurities. The rest of us on both sides can try to come to some meaningful change.

No. I'm not going to change my mind as long as the radical left continues to tell me that humans are inherently evil. I will continue to laugh at the chicken littles that point to every weather incident as proof of our impending doom.

And let's be honest, you aren't going to change your mind on climate change either.

Do I want clean air and water? Yes. Do I believe paying the government taxes will solve our problems? No. Will I seek counseling? No, I am not the one that has delusions of grandeur.

I suggest the environmentalists go to India and China and demand environmental reforms, as they are the actual problem. Or maybe file a complaint with the sun...

16Bore

WKR
We need big helicopters to carry ice from the Artic and drop it into volcanos.

Global warming solved.

Sincerely,

AOC

204guy

WKR
We are on another blizzard up here in Sodak if any one has any of that global warming we will take it .... Thank you

Kurt you can't call it global warming anymore, that's so 2010, I think to be enlightened, you now have to call it climate change. You know so you can cover all your bases no matter what happens.