New 7mm PRC

6yfo9e.jpg

I’m getting one. Was hoping CA would offer it in a light hunting rifle but alas they are only offering it in the heavy stuff

Tullis94

WKR
I'm sure it will be a great, and very popular cartridge. What I hope though is that it will lighten the current popularity of the 7 SAUM a little. I really like the SAUM, but getting brass is pretty ridiculous at this point.

The 7 PRC appeals to me as an option to get out of reloading for my 7 SAUM.

Honestly, the average hunter has no clue what their rifle is capable of. The marketing for this cartridge will have every weekend warrior drooling over it in no time.

I remember when the 6.5 CM hit the shelves and so many people I know were telling me how flat shooting it was and how it was a 1000 yard elk rifle.

The 7 PRC appeals to me as an option to get out of reloading for my 7 SAUM.

Honestly, the average hunter has no clue what their rifle is capable of. The marketing for this cartridge will have every weekend warrior drooling over it in no time.

I remember when the 6.5 CM hit the shelves and so many people I know were telling me how flat shooting it was and how it was a 1000 yard elk rifle.
No no no once you pass 6.5, rifles have recoil. Enough to mess up a man bun or scare the recoil-shy 6.5 shooter.

So how does this stack up to the 28 Nosler that was so hot?

At least Hornady pumps out bullets and some actual ammo for us. Nosler dribbles out some random crap here and there and some ballistic tips that do most of us no good.

It looks interesting. Looks like same powder capacity as 7rem mag. Touch faster than 7wsm and 7saum.
I’ve had all 3 and currently have a 7rem mag and 7saum.
Me likes some 7mm’s!

If good brass becomes available and the smiths get reamers I might try one. Looks like it’s just a tube change on a 7rem mag to get there.

Coxen02

FNG
Looks pretty legit to me. Even if it’s doesn’t have much over a 7 mag… if I don’t have either and am buying today, I’m going with the new design that is slightly better.

z987k

WKR
I get those 180 ELD-Ms at least 100 fps faster in my 1/8, 26” 7 RM over Retumbo and Peterson brass (X-Bolt). Hornady is scraping the bottom of the PRC barrel now.
They made a really good point on their podcast on this. Ya, handloaders can and do get more out of a custom 7RM. But you have to have a non-factory rifle to do that(twist), and in almost all cases, load past SAAMI pressure. Factory ammo cannot do that. If you load this to above SAAMI pressure, I'm sure it goes faster than factory ammo as well.