New Backpack for New Backpacker

bwjones

FNG
I am in need of advice. I am going on my first backpack hunt in 2021 and I’m curious what pack would be the best to buy in my situation. Going to try a diy 3-5 day mule deer hunt in either CO or NE. I want a decent pack because even though I won’t be making a Western trip every year, I do plan on making more than one trip in future year so want durability. I’ve been looking at Kuiu, SG, and EXO with sizes between 3600-5500. So please any help on best frame, fit, or overall carrying ability would be appreciated.

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have advice on the packs mentioned. I have used a MR selway60 a few times. It holds enough gear for 7 days, packs down small with less gear, and I've carried just over 100lb in it as comfortably as you can with that weight. Just another idea.

OP
B

bwjones

FNG
I don't have advice on the packs mentioned. I have used a MR selway60 a few times. It holds enough gear for 7 days, packs down small with less gear, and I've carried just over 100lb in it as comfortably as you can with that weight. Just another idea.

mt100gr.

WKR
Exo is definitely worth a look. No way to know how it will fit you but I have owned 3 different kifaru frames, 2 stone glacier frames, a seek outside revo frame and an Exo K3 w/ 4800. Currently I only have the Exo. For me, it is the most comfortable hauling frame that I have tried.

***But my quest will never be over - I'm going to pick up a Duplex Lite to try out soon as the Kifaru packs have been right there with Exo for me and I haven't tried that frame yet.

I also have a recent itch to try one of the bigger Mystery Ranch packs....