New backpack, for your front!

Ucsdryder

WKR
This thing is a behemoth! Then they put those little thin straps on it. Sure doesn’t look very comfortable. I thought my AGC was big...

I do like the Bino straps that slide. I would be concerned about their long term strength though.

3EA066C2-FA5F-4B15-A220-2A5202929338.jpeg

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka looks to be trending towards the "tactical" chest rig look. I don't see this idea taking off....especially for bow hunters.

Vandy321

WKR
Does it come with a matching plate carrier?

Someone at Sitka has been browsing the Haley Strategic website....looks just like their micro chest rig.

def90

WKR
I don’t mind it, I like chest packs, I use a HillPeopleGear Recon bag with their bino pouch attached to it. Great for carrying all the stuff you need throughout the day so that you aren’t taking your pack on and off all the time. Straps are a tossup, either you make them wide and padded and risk them then being in the way of your pack straps or your packs straps pushing the harness straps down in to your shoulders, I’m sure they tested multiple versions and this is what came out as the winner. As for getting in the way of drawing a bow, what kind of bow are you drawing back that the string or anything else comes anywhere near your chest?

and.. if you look at the pics the center pouch is no bigger than any other bino pouch on the market, just has two other pouches to the sides that you could use for radios, gps units, range finder or who knows what else.

Last edited:

netman

WKR
My AGC with 10x Binos,Leica rangefinder, ink pen, hunters safety card, license and tags, wind detector, diaphragm calls, lighter and lens cleaner is god awful heavy on my neck. Can’t imagine what that triple barrel sling shot would be like.

stiltd683

FNG
I don’t mind it, I like chest packs, I use a HillPeopleGear Recon bag with their bino pouch attached to it. Great for carrying all the stuff you need throughout the day so that you aren’t taking your pack on and off all the time. Straps are a tossup, either you make them wide and padded and risk them then being in the way of your pack straps or your packs straps pushing the harness straps down in to your shoulders, I’m sure they tested multiple versions and this is what came out as the winner. As for getting in the way of drawing a bow, what kind of bow are you drawing back that the string or anything else comes anywhere near your chest?

and.. if you look at the pics the center pouch is no bigger than any other bino pouch on the market, just has two other pouches to the sides that you could use for radios, gps units, range finder or who knows what else.

I carry a HPG Recon too. I actually prefer using it and a Tara as a quiver for 3D shoots over a hip quiver.

davidsapp

Lil-Rokslider
I really like mine. I’ve worn AGC, Badlands, Marsupial and several of the stretchy bra strap styles. This is my favorite easily. I use one side pouch vs 2, but I don’t think that a second pouch would cause string issues. I just don’t carry enough gear to need the second pouch. With the fixed Molle type pouch attachment points, the accessory pouches will not flop around, which annoyed me with some of the other rangefinder pouches. It’s a bit warmer as it covers a larger portion of my chest, but for me, it’s well thought out and useful. I think I read that it is based on a Rhodesian military chest rig design. The thin straps work well for the amount of gear I carry, my binos are smaller SLC 8x so I’m not hauling a lot of glass

David

aussielr

FNG
I have one of these, its Australian designed and made but its really large also and I was a bit worried about trying it. Glad I did now as I really like having the extra room and if you predator call it works perfectly and it looks like the sitka one would be pretty similar
Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 17.36.18.png

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I don’t mind it, I like chest packs, I use a HillPeopleGear Recon bag with their bino pouch attached to it. Great for carrying all the stuff you need throughout the day so that you aren’t taking your pack on and off all the time.

Everything that I use throughout the day is already out of my pack without the need for a chest pack.

sneaky

"DADDY"
It really isn't that bulky in person, and you can remove the side pouches and configure it however you want. It certainly isn't as noisy as those stupid Badlands pouches with the magnets. I don't own the Sitka one, but I tried one on in store. It's a bino harness, about all that can be said. Oh, and anyone who runs an AGC with that big ass pocket on the front for your rangefinder has no room to talk either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk