New Book: Hunting Big Mule Deer: The Stories

cjdewese

WKR
I enjoyed your 1st book quite a bit and looking forward to more of the stories.

Also appreciate this forum as well for a new hunter, it's helped tremendously.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to it. Are there any plains mule deer stories in there or mostly mountain hunting?
@tonytrietch is your huckleberry. His story "Plains with a Plan" is what you're looking for.

Have you seen his film on the same subject?

andersson

FNG
View attachment 416245

I’ve had my head down for about 6 months on this one and editor said it should be on Amazon in the next few weeks.

This is the follow up to my first book Hunting Big Mule Deer: How to Take the Best Buck of Your Life.

The Stories” is a compilation of buck hunts I did between 2005 and 2021, both successful and unsuccessful.

I also have some great contributing authors including our own @Jared Bloomgren , @Jordan Budd , @Tony Trietch and other very successful buck hunters like Ryan Lampers, Brian Latturner, Scotty Thompson and including some who are members like @ntrlbrnhunter and @VANDAL

My good friend Mark @Muleyslayer1 Smith generously wrote the Forward.

And of all people willing to step up with a story, it was Randy Ulmer (@randyulmer) who sent in my favorite: “Getting Even”. It’s not like anything I’ve read from him and I think you all will like it.

I’ve also included a Tips & Tactics and Mule Deer Gear Section.

To top it off, Toby Boudreau of Idaho Fish and Game, included a chapter on “The Perils of Bucks Only Hunting“ (that’ll get some guys’ shorts in a knot) and Chef John McGannon on getting the very most out of your venison.

My first book was a success, in part, due to you guys! I appreciate everyone who bought, borrowed, or posted on it.

I wanna pay you guys back with this one, so I’m going to give away 15 copies of “The Stories” to Roksliders.

I’ll draw from the first 75 posts on this thread so that the odds are good.

It’ll probably be July before I can ship, though, so keep that in mind.

Just post up anything in the comments and I’ll get you in the drawing if you make it into the first 75 posts.

thanks to all you well-known Roksliders!
I'm Robby's editor chick and I can verify that he's had his head down ... every time he gets an email from me I'm sending him more homework to do in pursuit of publishing this book. I can also confirm your hopes for this book BECAUSE IT'S A SERIOUS WINNER. He might have a favorite story in the book but there's no way you could corner me and get me to pick one. They are all winners. I'll admit Jared Bloomgren's is a contender for best with me, but I'll doubtless change my mind again tomorrow. You guys are in for a real treat with this book!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm Robby's editor chick and I can verify that he's had his head down ... every time he gets an email from me I'm sending him more homework to do in pursuit of publishing this book. I can also confirm your hopes for this book BECAUSE IT'S A SERIOUS WINNER. He might have a favorite story in the book but there's no way you could corner me and get me to pick one. They are all winners. I'll admit Jared Bloomgren's is a contender for best with me, but I'll doubtless change my mind again tomorrow. You guys are in for a real treat with this book!
Hey Kelly, you’re an official Rokslider now (but not yet a well-known Rokslider ((inside joke, stick around, you’ll understand)).

Thanks for chiming and for making these books possible. They’d still be in my head if it weren’t for you.

And sorry to announce but even though you made the cut to enter for a copy “family, friends, and editors are disqualified from winning” Life’s lonely at the top.

Seriously, thanks a ton for jumping on.