New Elk/Sheep/Mule Deer/Wolf Rifle

Yarbro

FNG
Classified Approved
Lets start out with the basics. I am looking to get a new rifle for Elk/Sheep/Mule Deer/Wolf. I am looking at getting a 6.5 PRC. Going to top the rifle with a 3x18x44 Swro X5. I am looking to run this set up supressed. Here are the guns I have it narrowed down to.

1. Seekin's Havok Element
2. Proof Elevation MTR
3. Christensen Arms Traverse

FYI already have a 300REM so no need to go down the 6.5PRC debat just want everyones thought on what gun they would choose of if there is another 6.5 out there that I am missing. Or possible open to other opthions for glass.

That traverse will be too heavy in my opinion. I’d look at the new CA Ti Ridgeline over it.
The Element would be a good choice. No experience with the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuntnPack

WKR
My Choice:
Seekins Havak Element, 6.5 PRC.
Nightforce NX8, 4-32x50 MOAR
Seekins Rings
Unknown Munitions -
Extreme Range 156 Berger.
Jäger Suppressor

Yugga

FNG
New to the rifle scene. I’m in the market for a 6.5 PRC. Was likely headed towards the H Element but hadn’t read anything on the Proof—that rifle is bad ass.

Personally I’d put it ahead of CA. I’ve had too many people tell me CA is great unless you get a lemon and then you’re screwed. Too much $ for that.

OP
Yarbro

Yarbro

FNG
Classified Approved
That traverse will be too heavy in my opinion. I’d look at the new CA Ti Ridgeline over it.
The Element would be a good choice. No experience with the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did not like the stock on the Ridgeline TI I was on the fence with the proof MTR also just did not like the stock the Seekins just felt great just don’t know a lot about them

csmith

FNG
Classified Approved
Lets start out with the basics. I am looking to get a new rifle for Elk/Sheep/Mule Deer/Wolf. I am looking at getting a 6.5 PRC. Going to top the rifle with a 3x18x44 Swro X5. I am looking to run this set up supressed. Here are the guns I have it narrowed down to.

1. Seekin's Havok Element
2. Proof Elevation MTR
3. Christensen Arms Traverse

FYI already have a 300REM so no need to go down the 6.5PRC debat just want everyones thought on what gun they would choose of if there is another 6.5 out there that I am missing. Or possible open to other opthions for glass.
I own the elevation standard and the traverse. One is 6.5CM and the other is 6.5PRC. Both are topped with swaro glass and both are tack drivers.
I love the stock on the traverse. The palm swell is great and the rifle has good options already installed such as the picatiny forearm rail. CAs tank style brake is really nice as well.
I own the standard elevation mountain version and it is spartan but a simply perfect rifle.
You cant go wrong with either and both have great customer service.
I have no experience with the seekins but know lots of people on the long range forums like them.

SDHNTR

WKR
I think you mean Swaro Z5.

Cant help you with those rifles. But if I were gonna spend that kind of money, I’d save a bit more and go custom.