New Exo Pack

Qaib Ej

FNG
Hi Rokslide member’s. Been looking on the forums for awhile but never signed up till recently. I would like your guy’s opinion on the Exo 5500. I am debating if I should pull the trigger on one or wait for the new 2019 pack. Do you guys know if there is significant changes to the 2019 pack? Thx.

Bbrinks

FNG
Pack layout on the 5500 is great and the frame is super comfortable and very adjustable depending on your body type. It also cinches down pretty small if you want to run it as a daypack. I would just call them up or email them. They have a great group over there and would be able to answer any questions you have.

aion2come

WKR
I spoke with Exo about a month ago, and while I don't know about "changes," I do know that there are significant options coming that would cause me to wait.

OP
Q

Qaib Ej

FNG
I called them up as well and asked them about any changes, seems like they didn’t want to give anything away since it would probably drop sales. All they said was they are in the testing stages and not sure about anything yet.

They are always in testing and new items are always in development. As with anything, you just have to bite the bullet at some point.

They have done pretty well with backwards compatibility so if they changed the bag it would likely fit this year's frame. I waited until this year to buy the 2000 I bought. Cost me a little more than earlier in the year as they had a price increase.

If you have another pack you like, perhaps you wait. I did not. I needed a pack this year so I bought one. I'll buy another at some point and then take advantage of whatever changes occur. If there is something so special that I want to upgrade early, I'll either give my pack to my son or sell it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah packs are kinda like shoes, always something better or shinier around the corner. After running Badlands packs and meat hauler frames for years I purchased the original Exo 3500 and have since picked up a couple different Stone Glacier packs. I love the Exo and the Stone Glacier’s and used the Exo to help pack out three caribou this season already.

I will say this I have owned both the exo 3500 and currently have the exo 5500 and am pretty sure the 5500 is the perfect pack for me. Big enough for a 7 - 10 day hunt yet can compress down to day mode. Even if they come out with other options I highly doubt they will change the k2 frame which is the heart and sole of the system. You can not go wrong with an Exo pack. Put it this way we all have different body types, but instead of taking peoples word for it I actually ordered KUIU, Kifaru, Exo and Stone Glacier and tested them side by side with same weight over same miles. For me it was a clear winner in the Exo. Couple things stand out: ease of use, simple design, not to much not little, and all day comfort whether the weight was 20 lbs or 80 lbs.

Conundrum

FNG
I have a 5500 and a 2000 and use the same frame. Anymore, I find myself leaving the 5500 on and cinching it down. It’s small enough to fly with it as a carry on.

At this point what does it hurt to wait? If you like the changes, great. If not, I’m sure you will be able to pick up the old version a litter cheaper.