New FL Pattern?

I have been seeing a few different posts on Instagram with some FL members in a different pattern - possibly a waterfowl pattern?

Anyone else notice?

I saw Rinella in something in a post today. Either it wasn’t FL or they have some sort of marsh reed pattern in the works.

OP
switchback7
The Meateater instagram profile just posted a decent pic of the pattern but didnt mention it.

Squirrels

WKR
If they are getting in the waterfowl business they better be stepping up their game in toughness and wind blocking. Nobody is harder on gear than a duck hunter. There's not much I haven't been able to break or shred in a duck season.

OP
switchback7
FL is starting to talk about the new waterfowl pattern but havent fully rolled it out yet - the pattern doesnt look too impressive. If im going all -in on waterfowl outerwear, im going with Sitka , but that is just my opinion

Clark33

WKR
Man, I remember buying FirstLite when it was on Promotive back in my USFS days, was solid Merino clothing. Now their new stuff seems to fall apart in a season or less. Was great gear for western hunting, now it seems all their attention has gone to mid western whitetail, turkey and waterfowl hunting. Had one of their sawtooth jackets, after a couple seasons not one zipper was functioning.

Clark33

WKR
You guys already have your mossy oak!

Joking, but I did make the switch to a mix of SG and Kuiu after a few of FL newer pieces didn't last. Is what it is, but quality definitely has fallen off since the company started.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I don’t think the camo looks bad - it is interesting how much FL has been doing since the meateater acquisition. They seems to be doing more new stuff each year, expanding the lines etc.

I can’t believe it’s January and they messaging is “it is awesome, it is coming…..but wait till July.”And the marketing tone that they are innovating in a stagnant segment is kinda funny - must have slipped their minds Sitka jumped into waterfowl a few years ago.

I do hope it kicks ass, is reasonably priced, and they get their laminates and wind blocking figured out. I guess we’ll see. This summer….

FNG
Man, I remember buying FirstLite when it was on Promotive back in my USFS days, was solid Merino clothing. Now their new stuff seems to fall apart in a season or less. Was great gear for western hunting, now it seems all their attention has gone to mid western whitetail, turkey and waterfowl hunting. Had one of their sawtooth jackets, after a couple seasons not one zipper was functioning.
I agree. I feel their quality went way down

Oregonboy

WKR
Agreed with what a few others said regarding quality, their stuff feels nice but just doesn’t seem to last. Their underwear blew out faster than any other brand I’ve owned.