New from zamberlan

Anyone notice that they just released a new boot? They read my thoughts

The salathe trek is going to be an awesome boot for those like me that likes a more flexible boot

The salathe became my favorite elk hunting “boot” and spent a couple seasons in them with gaiters until late season when there gets to be standing water… I thought the perfect do all boots for me would be a taller salathe with a leather tongue (rather than neoprene) that was predictably where they started leaking, but I got more life out of them than expected, but with all of the thorny brush here on the coast, as well as the moisture, synthetic has a shelf life… just how it is

I’m excited about the new boot, and the salathe are a beast in tough terrain, they perform crazy well for a flexible boot in tough terrain, yet are still soft enough to feel the ground and stalk into bow range… if you like a softer boot, these will be worth a serious look, unless you have wide feet

Dented

WKR
I'm a big fan of Zam. I'm going to have to check out that new boot. I need something light and flexible.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I still haven't forgiven them for discontinuing their 7" Dakota's. Best early season elk hunting boots I've ever had on my feet. Lightweight, flexible, comfortable, and great soles that grip very well. I have a brand new pair of the same in a 10", but they're just too tall for my liking. I've been tempted to just cut 3" off the top of them.

OP
roosiebull
I'm a big fan of Zam. I'm going to have to check out that new boot. I need something light and flexible.
Yeah, I have been a fan since my first pair… they hold up. Currently my most worn boots are the trail lite evo, and love them, but the new salathe trek are going to be my next boot purchase, and will be my go to 90% of the time

It’s nearly impossible to find a soft flexible boot that stays dry even one archery elk season (a month of hard use) zamberlan have been excellent, I think we are up to 6 pairs between my wife and I, the salathe are the only ones that have leaked and lasted longer than I expected with a neoprene tongue.

I will stick with them as long as they remain reliable

Dented

WKR
That is the key component. It doesn't matter how great they're built, if they don't fit your foot they might as well be garbage. I've got half a dozen pair on Zamberlins. A friend of mine can'twear Zams, but Oboz are a perfect fit.

Poser

WKR
Zamberlain’s toe box profile just does not work that well for me -too much vertical taper. The rest of the boot fits my foot well so that’s a bit of a shame.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm wearing a pair of well- worn Yerens right now. Before that I had the all synthetic version, can't remember the model number, but they still to this day were the best early season boots I've ever had. The Yerens being all leather are heavier and not nearly as flexible. I should have bought a half dozen pairs of the old ones, they tend to discontinue the boots I like it seems.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk