New Gear for the New Year???

Maxhunter

WKR
New bow already ordered. Also looking at a spotting scope. Contemplating trying Injexion arrows. Going to wait and see wait broadheads come out at the ATA show.

OP
Bowhuntr64
New bow already ordered. Also looking at a spotting scope. Contemplating trying Injexion arrows. Going to wait and see wait broadheads come out at the ATA show.

I am contemplating shooting Injexions as well. I have heard of a number of different heads coming out in a Deep Six format: QAD Exodus, Rage, Ulmer Edge to name a few. I am not sure Injexions are worth the extra money, over Axis arrows.

Whisky

WKR
Spyder 34, and, possibly, trading out the old reliable whisker biscuit for a Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro. The thought of bow hunting with something other than a biscuit is a little discomforting, though.:D We shall see....

OP
Bowhuntr64
Spyder 34, and, possibly, trading out the old reliable whisker biscuit for a Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro. The thought of bow hunting with something other than a biscuit is a little discomforting, though.:D We shall see....

Yeah, I hunted with the biscuit for years, and was leery about trying a drop away. But after I did, I never looked back!

Floorguy

WKR
To get:
New boots (haven't decided what yet though) either hanwag Alaskans or lowa tibets
New pack (kifaru not sure what yet though)
New sight for my bow
Tigoat raven omni bivy
spotter (entry level with the above the high dollar spotter will have to wait)

New for 2013 that I have but haven't used yet
Weatherby MKV in 300wby mag with Zeiss conquest 3.5-10 my dad bought this for a caribou hunt he was going to go on with me that didn't take place so he just gave it to me...score!
Goal0 solar kit
Kryptek Valhalla pants
Kryptek koldo jacket
Thermarest zlite
Thermarest neo air xlite

Last edited:

Craig4791

WKR
After getting back from my AZ trip I have decided a new piece of gear will be going on the 2013 list!! :)

I had never used my binos on a tripod before this trip but had read a few articles about desert hunting and putting your binos on a tripod being a must! The large field of view and steadiness made this my favorite way of glassing this terrain all day. And with the ability to use both eyes where as you are always closing one with a spotter made this the most comfortable as well.

I spotted almost every deer I seen this way and was just amazed at how much easier it seemed. Of course this will never replace the scope for its fine detail glassing but i feel it does 80% of the job.

With that being said I am going to pick up a set of 15X56's this year for those long days behind the glass.

Kind of hoping Swarovski will come out with an HD version of the 15X56's in 2013.

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
I should have stayed away from this thread. As I am looking at getting back to doing some bowhunting (after basically not for 20+ years), I am effectively starting over on a bow and accessories and some of the hunting clothes. Pretty well set otherwise until some "necessity" strikes my fancy that I can't live without. Might actually wait to see if I draw, but feel pretty good after reading the AZ and WY write-ups in the Huntin Fool today. Sure am glad application season is upon us to distract us for a few months.

Hadn't really planned on anything new, then suddenly I find myself ordering the new kifaru hi camp pack, oh and just bought a new bow. I have to stop now before I go broke and it's not even 2013 yet,

shaun

WKR
So far for next season:
Swaro 15x56
Swaro 10x50
Kifaru DT1 w/ bikini frame
Kifaru slick bag
Hoyt spyder turbo

Still to pick up
Swaro 20-60/80 sts spotter
Tines up camcorder adapter
Kuiu attack pants

Never too early to get stuff for next year. Best thing is I am $0 out if pocket was able to flip stuff

shaun

WKR
After getting back from my AZ trip I have decided a new piece of gear will be going on the 2013 list!! :)

I had never used my binos on a tripod before this trip but had read a few articles about desert hunting and putting your binos on a tripod being a must! The large field of view and steadiness made this my favorite way of glassing this terrain all day. And with the ability to use both eyes where as you are always closing one with a spotter made this the most comfortable as well.

I spotted almost every deer I seen this way and was just amazed at how much easier it seemed. Of course this will never replace the scope for its fine detail glassing but i feel it does 80% of the job.

With that being said I am going to pick up a set of 15X56's this year for those long days behind the glass.

Kind of hoping Swarovski will come out with an HD version of the 15X56's in 2013.

Aron has a hell of a deal on Kaibabs in the classifieds