New Kifaru Bag?

do they typically have tab loops sewn in above the hypalon sleeve on their packs? it would be nice to have the option so you can run straps up to the top of the frame when using the load shelf.

Looks that way to me. Can't see where the straps attach to the bag. I'm seeing them run from the k-clip thru the daisy chain and buckle on the front.

If the upcoming videos show a way to compress the load panel and bag seperately/independently, this will be awesome.

A very cool design.

I bet you could girth hitch loops of webbing on to the daisy chains and use that to connect buckles for compression, thus giving the bag only partial compression when meat hauling.

Anyone looking at this bag can use code "gritty15" to save 15% - heard about it on the latest podcast.
Yeah I heard that when I listened to the podcast this morning...AFTER I ordered it yesterday lol

Good for Kifaru/GB for working that out!

A very cool design.

I bet you could girth hitch loops of webbing on to the daisy chains and use that to connect buckles for compression, thus giving the bag only partial compression when meat hauling.

Gotcha, I'm gonna try it out. I think this will be a great day hunt/ range bag.

A very cool design.

i didn't notice the daisy chain up the side. looks like you could use that to run straps over the top as well.

I was wondering how you might use the daisy chain as compression anchors... I just dont understand how to. I am sure its possible. What does girth hitch mean?

I was wondering how you might use the daisy chain as compression anchors... I just dont understand how to. I am sure its possible. What does girth hitch mean?
The way the k-clips work you can loop the webbing through the daisy chain and thread the webbing through it's own k-clip.

0a49bdd9b93371734f189ba83b436894.jpg

Basically making a loop of sorts.

Fortunately I didn't jerk the trigger yesterday, I saw the discount code on Instagram this morning after reading on tradgang that there was a discount so I started looking around and got lucky! Think this is going to work a lot better for the wife than the Cargo Panel she uses now on her 22" frame. I haul most of the mutual gear and she hauls our freeze dried food and her personal stuff so that should fit in main compartment and dry bag on the load shelf.

Yeah I heard that when I listened to the podcast this morning...AFTER I ordered it yesterday lol

Good for Kifaru/GB for working that out!

I would think even if the compression points were moved when you compress the load you will still be pulling tension on the bag and exerting force from your meat shelf load onto the contents in the pack. The bag doesn't look to have a solid back so either way you compress the load it will still exert force on the bag contents which would still add some restriction to unzipping or retrieving anything from the pack while compressed. It would also be very difficult to load anything in the bag with your meat shelf load cinched down. I don't see it as a design flaw just the way a pack works when you have a meat shelf to haul a load on. It does also accept the grab it so you could haul a load off the back if desired though this would still compress the bag when cinched down as well.

Personally I think this is an a other great pack, and I wish I could get one but there are many other things on the wish list at this point so I guess I will wait..

Would the quiver liner, can't remember what it is, thinks it's the same stuff that gives the rigidity to the frames prevent the pressure on the bag

Back