New Maven Binoculars B1.2 and B6

I spent the day fumbling around the continental divide looking for a dumb elk with the 8x B1 that are my wife's. When I got home the b1.2 had arrived early.
Definitely an upgrade because when she looked through them she said "what wow", and I no doubt made the right choice selling my SLCs for these.
Are these truly on par with the SLCs? I’ve heard this from a few people now?

Sled

WKR
Looks like my bank account is safe for a little while longer. The 10x B1.2 is listed as sold out currently.

O boy need a new rangefinder this year might have 2 order the 1.2 after season

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Dirtriding4life

Lil-Rokslider
I'm excited to hear more input on the B6. I currently use 10x42 Conquest HDs and am very happy with them besides the low light performance. In last 30 minutes of light I often find myself leaving the binos on my tripod and looking with my bare eyes because of lack of light transmission. The 10x50 B6 has similar FOV as the Zeiss and only 2oz heavier. I imagine it would not be a night and day difference like true Alpha glass, but any improvement would be welcome without stepping multiple price classes higher.

Hoodie

WKR
I've got the 9x45 B2 and the 12x50 B6 right now.

Not exactly apples to apples, but I'd say overall image quality is similar. The 9x45 is noticeably brighter, but it's got a 1mm larger exit pupil than the 12x50. The 10x50 would probably be similarly bright. Not sure how much of a difference the AK prism would make.

Either way, not a ton of difference in 10x50 and 9x45 anyway. The 9x will have a little bit bigger FOV.

I've got the 9x45 B2 and the 12x50 B6 right now.

Not exactly apples to apples, but I'd say overall image quality is similar. The 9x45 is noticeably brighter, but it's got a 1mm larger exit pupil than the 12x50. The 10x50 would probably be similarly bright. Not sure how much of a difference the AK prism would make.

Either way, not a ton of difference in 10x50 and 9x45 anyway. The 9x will have a little bit bigger FOV.
Thanks for that feedback.

Quon24

FNG
I would be interested in hearing feedback from anyone else comparing the B1.2 to the B2. I've been using the 9x45's the past few years and love them except for the bulkiness of them. I know it's not a straight apples to apples comparison because of the different prism, but if the image quality and low light performance of the B1.2 is close to the B2's, I'll be tempted to make the switch.

bikerider

FNG
I'm excited to hear more input on the B6. I currently use 10x42 Conquest HDs and am very happy with them besides the low light performance. In last 30 minutes of light I often find myself leaving the binos on my tripod and looking with my bare eyes because of lack of light transmission. The 10x50 B6 has similar FOV as the Zeiss and only 2oz heavier. I imagine it would not be a night and day difference like true Alpha glass, but any improvement would be welcome without stepping multiple price classes higher.
I've got the B6's in 10x50 on order. I have the C3's in 10x50 which i will likely be selling when the B6's arrive. The C3's are great for low light conditions, but the field of view are a little lacking. I will report back with a comparison.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
I have the B2 9x45s. I may buy the B1.2 8x42s to compare side by side. If I do I’ll let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aroyak

FNG
Hey there,

I ordered a set of the Maven B1.2' 10X45, B6' 10x50, and B2 9x45 Demo unit. I was hoping to demo all the pairs but the 1.2's and B6'S aren't available in the demo's so my experience is gently using them in a car, I did use the B2'S in the field.

First of all they are all incredible binoculars, and a huge upgrade to my Vortex Diamondbacks. I drove around with each pair at dusk & first light glassing over moose. The B1.2's are impressively compact and very clear. The B6's do allow a little more light than the B1.2's. The biggest difference is the size and weight, I do feel the 1.2's are a little shakier than the B2's and B6's. IMO the fraction of extra light doesn't justify the weight of B6's over the B1.2's.

Enter the B2's. The B2's allow more light and provide extra clarity at longer distances than the B1.2's. Again, IMO if you want the extra light of the B6's then get the B2's as they're similar in size but a better prism. I'll also note these are subtleties, you wont notice glaring differences in any of the binoculars except in weight and size. In the end it comes down to styles of hunting. If you're the person that is very gear weight conscious walks lots of miles, frequently pulling out your binoculars, or scanning with the plan to use a spotting scope then get the B1'2s. If you're the hunter that doesn't mind the weight and size, has a keen eye for subtleties in a landscape, hunt first or last light, and sit behind your glass a lot then get the B2's.

I used the B2's on a successful walk-in caribou hunt. I'm a very gear weight conscious person, I like using my binoculars a lot. On this trip I made the sacrifice on the weight with B2's. In the end I'm keeping the B2's and sending the others back.

aroyak

FNG
How the B6s comparing to the b2? I know it’s 2 different prisms I bought 9x45s a couple weeks ago and now wishing and B6's. IMO the fraction of extra light doesn't justify the weight of B6's over the B1.2's.

I just compared the B6's and the B'2's in IMO the B2's are a better option than the B6. They're similar in weight and size however the B2's are crisper at longer distances and allow the same amount of light.

Trees91

WKR
Played with my B1.2 8x and meopta meostar 8x today. No low light comparison yet, picked them up at the post office this morning about 9:30.

Spent a little time over looking some set aside conservation reserve ground. Trying to find high contrast objects. Spotted a couple deer and some birds. A few bright wild flowers to look at too.

I think the B1.2 bested the meostar slightly. Which I hate to say, I really like my meoptas.

The view in the maven is brighter, sharper and seems like you can see fine detail better. The color seems more natural to me, meostar has a tint of yellow to my eyes.

The Meostar has been regarded as a bino with little to no CA, looking at a king bird against a backdrop of light colored grass I could see more CA in the meopta than the maven.

Field of view isn't notacably different. For me there's no winner or looser there.

Ergos, I actually prefer the meopta. I do like where the outdoorsmans stud mounts on the maven better though.

Focus wheel is very smooth and easy to turn on the maven....speaking of focusing I do believe the meopta had a little better depth of field. Seems like I had to focus a little more often with the maven.

I guess that's my quick review. I think they're great binos and it'll be hard deciding what one I'll keep.

I'd like to do a low light test but won't have a chance for a month. Off to Alaska tonight and these will be staying home in favor of my 12x50el.
8BC8FF40-3456-49EE-886A-C52AFC8C27DA.jpegD168A045-86E1-41C7-80A4-2ACFD0DBCDCF.jpegDF6B0C48-5548-426A-BD5B-8A2A11DC6106.jpeg

Matt G.

WKR
Played with my B1.2 8x and meopta meostar 8x today. No low light comparison yet, picked them up at the post office this morning about 9:30.

Spent a little time over looking some set aside conservation reserve ground. Trying to find high contrast objects. Spotted a couple deer and some birds. A few bright wild flowers to look at too.

I think the B1.2 bested the meostar slightly. Which I hate to say, I really like my meoptas.

The view in the maven is brighter, sharper and seems like you can see fine detail better. The color seems more natural to me, meostar has a tint of yellow to my eyes.

The Meostar has been regarded as a bino with little to no CA, looking at a king bird against a backdrop of light colored grass I could see more CA in the meopta than the maven.

Field of view isn't notacably different. For me there's no winner or looser there.

Ergos, I actually prefer the meopta. I do like where the outdoorsmans stud mounts on the maven better though.

Focus wheel is very smooth and easy to turn on the maven....speaking of focusing I do believe the meopta had a little better depth of field. Seems like I had to focus a little more often with the maven.

I guess that's my quick review. I think they're great binos and it'll be hard deciding what one I'll keep.

I'd like to do a low light test but won't have a chance for a month. Off to Alaska tonight and these will be staying home in favor of my 12x50el.
View attachment 317362View attachment 317363View attachment 317364
We're they the meostar HD or non hd?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Trees91

WKR
Non Hd as far as I know. 2018 model B1...but I'm not positive meopta has a hd 8x42....possibly just a hd 10x42....but I could be wrong.

Here's a copy and paste from meopta.

"-Fluoride HD lens elements in 10x42, 12x50, and 15x56"

Tried to upload a screen shot but not working..

Matt G.

WKR
It did not look like it had the HD on side of the barrel near the objective end. When you mentioned the warm hue I thought it was not the hd model. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Last edited: