New Mexico 2B question

Im from Wisconsin too. I have the 2nd season. Be nice to hear any input from you if you would share. I'll be out there Oct 25-26 maybe and my hunt is oct 28-nov 1.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
First time in N.M. I have 3rd season Nov 4-8. pretty excited about it...Good luck!

ckeehn

FNG
First time in N.M. I have 3rd season Nov 4-8. pretty excited about it...Good luck!
Thats awesome. I could give you what intel i will gain from the week prior to your arrival if you're interested. My first time in NM also. Probably going solo as we drew 3rd rifle mule deer in CO.. plan to put boots to the ground during the day and find glassing points for first and last light. Camp out of my truck too. Good luck to you as well!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Gorencb

FNG
Hello fellow Wisconsinites. Between the group, we will be in unit 2 hunting elk 2nd period archery, rifle hunting unit 6D and muzz unit 15. Obviously the roads will be much different for us in Sept. but I can update with conditions and will keep track of where we see a lot deer for you guys. Good luck & go Packers!

Hello fellow Wisconsinites. Between the group, we will be in unit 2 hunting elk 2nd period archery, rifle hunting unit 6D and muzz unit 15. Obviously the roads will be much different for us in Sept. but I can update with conditions and will keep track of where we see a lot deer for you guys. Good luck & go Packers!
Awesome, Thanks!

Reamer13

FNG
I understand that there is gate that are shut at some point is that just the lease roads or is it Forrest service roads too or some of both ?
Most the gate closures will be for wintering range for the wildlife. Oil rigs have access behind them but I wouldn't plan on them letting you back there. Access can be good with a bike or walking the roads once closed just to get away from people. I would concentrate on finding deer as the local herd is small and doesn't get the migration till usually a couple weeks later.