New Nightforce 2.5-20x50 and 4-32x50 NX8 Scopes

ChrisAU

WKR
How does the glass look at max magnification? Also i thought i saw FFP somewhere is that true? Wouldn't that make the cross hairs extraordinarily small at 2.5x? Illumination would help but still seems like SFP could have been a better choice.

Yes they are FFP. The way the hashes are done on the reticles help turn them into a duplex style reticle at low mag, there are some reticle pics on sniper's hide:

https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/new-high-power-nightforce-nx8.6936376/page-9#post-7834983

bdud14

FNG
Ordered the 2.5-20 expect it in a few weeks from Eurooptic. Will post again once I have taken a look through it.

2backcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Received my 4-32 MOAR MOA a few weeks ago from Doug at Camera land and was waiting on a set of Hawkins rings to install it on a new Christensen Arms MPR 6.5 CM and I'm very impressed so far.

I was going to install it on my RBros Carbon Hunter 300 WM but with the Hawkins Hybrids it was a little tight with not much space to move it for eye relief and so the NF NXS G7 will stay on that rifle.

Comparing the NX8 to the NXS G7 I will say that Night Force came up with a winner here!

Last edited:

PAbow84

Lil-Rokslider
Received my 4-32 MOAR MOA a few weeks ago from Doug at Camera land and was waiting on a set of Hawkins rings to install it on a new Christensen Arms MPR 6.5 CM and I'm very impressed so far.

I was going to install it on my RBros Carbon Hunter 300 WM but with the Hawkins Hybrids it was a little tight with not much space to move it for eye relief and so the NF NXS G7 will stay on that rifle.

Comparing the NXS 8 to the NXS G7 I will say that Night Force came up with a winner here!

I have a set of Hawkins Long Range Hybrids Rings on mine as well. I'm hoping they'll work for me but may end up having to go another route.

Kpi103

FNG
Just got my stock in the mail today, barreled action installed, and rings & scope mounted :)
30 Nosler, hopefully get some shooting in soon. Nice to be able to look through the scope mounted on a gun finally. I'd say the glass is noticeably nicer than the NXS scopes I've shot before, but not quite as nice (as I'd of guessed) as my 7-35 ATACR. The difference is very small though20190719_225020.jpg

I’ve got a 2.5-20 mil on order from Doug @ Camera Land and I’m patiently waiting. Can’t wait to lay my hands on it. I’ve got a ton of 140ELD Ms loaded up for the Creed and can’t wait to try it out.

backroads

FNG
Just got my stock in the mail today, barreled action installed, and rings & scope mounted :)
30 Nosler, hopefully get some shooting in soon. Nice to be able to look through the scope mounted on a gun finally. I'd say the glass is noticeably nicer than the NXS scopes I've shot before, but not quite as nice (as I'd of guessed) as my 7-35 ATACR. The difference is very small thoughView attachment 110742

Great looking set up! What size rings are you running to make that fit?

bdud14

FNG
Bought mine last fall. Overall love the scope, glass is great but not as good as the super high end scopes. My dad has a Zeiss Z6 and I think it compares favorably to that. The only thing that is tough from a design standpoint is the sight window at full magnification. Cross hairs are covering a significant portion of the picture. If you are using for competition at extreme long ranges this probably isn't the scope for you however if you are using for hunting then this is a great scope. I purchased because I am east coast based for deer which I like to use under 4 power most of the time but also do a lot of hunting out west where a 500 yard shot isn't out of the question. This is an ideal scope if you have those purposes in mind.

I've had my NX8 2.5-20x50 for a few months now and so far I really like it. Glass is not as good as ATACR line or my Swaro X5s but the glass also won't hold me back. The eye box I've heard folks complain about has not been an issue for me even at max magnification. The parallax does seem a little finicky depending on magnification but the more time I have spent behind it the easier that has been to get used to. As for function, so far everything has been typical NF. Tracks perfectly and returns to zero every time. I've got it mounted on a Christensen Arms Classic Carbon in 300 WSM and will use it for elk out West and deer in the Southeast.