New O/U Shotgun advice?

Boch5473

FNG
+1 for the Browning 725 feather, I've got the feather in 20ga along with the 20 ga sporting. Nothing wrong with the Beretta 686 just didn't feel as good to me as the 725"s. Both excellent shotguns.

bkmaine

FNG
I know this is a step below… and yiu can’t Get one new… but I use my Ruger Red Label for waterfowl, upland, turkey and five stand and I love it. Before this I had a Browning Cynergy and it felt pretty good too.

Lowg08

WKR
I’m not a professional but from being around several shotguns especially O/U with my son’s sportsman club. Watch all of the guns mentioned above compete side by side. I’m going savage 555.

JFK

WKR
I’ve got a 686 silver pigeon field. Love it. Just felt perfect when I picked it up. They do have slightly longer length of pull than the comparable citoris, so depending on your height/arm length that could be a good or bad thing. I haven’t handled all of the different models so can’t confirm this 100% but on the field version the safety automatically engages when the action is opened. On the sporting version the safety must be manually engaged. I shoot clays more than I hunt with it and just flick the safety off as a matter of habit before calling pull.

2ski

WKR
Owned one...or just another internet expert who read a review once from someone 5 years ago who didn't like it? Gonna guess tha latter, as is most often the case with this most forum posters.

You never buy the first production model of anything, always growing pains, that goes for guns, trucks, boats, bows, packs, etc. Every single negative review of the 828 was from 5-6 years ago when it first came out, traditional old timers who wanted to bitch about the electors because they don't like change. The rest complaining about asthetics...a bunch sissy's who care more about how their shotgun looks in the grip and grin than they do over performance.
I liked my Berettas, I'd take an A400 over an SBE or Ethos, but not a chance you could sell me a SP over a new 828.
I'm glad you chimed in. I bought an 828u a week ago. It's hands down the most I've ever paid for something that didn't take a loan to buy(car/house). I got kind of worried as I was reading that I made a mistake. My original choice was going to be an Instinct SLX, but a friend who manages on a hunting store co vinced me of the 828u. I was able to get my hands on a bunch of guns finally in Missoula and settled on the Super Pigeon and the 828u os the two best options. I couldve been happy with either but that Benelli kept calling to me. The only Franchi I've actually touched was a Sideplate.

So Thank you for chiming in so I didn't feel I made a huge mistake.

mh1

FNG
I'm left handed as well and have always hunted with a Beretta OU (cannot remember the model as it been over 20 years) and love it

Lowg08

WKR
I’m not a professional but from being around several shotguns especially O/U with my son’s sportsman club. Watch all of the guns mentioned above compete side by side. I’m going savage 555.
I told a fib. I bought him a beretta a400 12ga. If I had seen the SV10 sport I would have gotten that

GSPHUNTER

WKR
After 4 of my friends tried out my Ruger Red Label, they all went out and bought one. I have two, 12 and 20 gauge. I have shot my nephews Browning Cynergy, nice shooting shotgun.