New Packs from Kifaru 2024

mjh

FNG
Well so the Maniml is released?

Like the concept--main bag needs a little access work.

Way out of my price range--don't forget shipping and tax.

I duuno---for hunting whitetails I use a Hellcat---If I need a little more organization I put a Sherman on it.

More pack than I would take on a normal for me whitetail hunt.

I think this one is for the whitetail boys who aren’t predominantly on the slide.
That was my impression too, they made a whitetail specific bag, which is a cool option for a lot of people.

I wouldn’t personally want a bag like that currently, but if I was hauling whitetail gear around, it would be a strong consideration if I was wearing a kifaru. I think it’s a good addition, catering to a group that always has to compromise with a good pack system.

It makes kifaru an attractive option if you are a whitetail guy thinking about buying a good pack system. I bet they sell well

Does anyone know if any other bags are coming out or just the two out already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope so, I am watching for something similar to the Dall in size, big multi day bag with room for meat in the bag, ability to strap tripod and rifle/bow to the outside of the pack, but lighter like that new 4300KU

fatlander

WKR
That pack design is about the last I would choose for a whitetail pack. Head shake on that one

Agree 100%. I’m just a guy that’s hunted whitetails for about 3 decades, and I make exactly zero dollars selling packs with my likeness; so take my opinion for what it’s worth. . .

The strappiness of that bag is a non starter. Access to the bag is also pretty terrible. Pulling stuff out of a small hole past cordura and heavy duty zippers is a no go. A bag of potato chips would be quieter.

That much frame and bag in a stand might as well be another person you’re trying to hide in the tree.

When they said whitetail specific I was really hoping for something that permanently affixed the frame suspension to the stand while allowing for the bag to be easily removed. All the while keeping the stand attached to the frame (or just using the stand as the frame). That would allow you to go up and down the tree in one trip. And to top it off, make it a bag that’s quiet enough to whitetail hunt in the cold with.

This bag manimal and new Sherman is a 22 mag and Sherman with worse access. Just don’t see how that’s going to help anyone be more effective hunting cracked out woods goats.

Agree 100%. I’m just a guy that’s hunted whitetails for about 3 decades, and I make exactly zero dollars selling packs with my likeness; so take my opinion for what it’s worth. . .

The strappiness of that bag is a non starter. Access to the bag is also pretty terrible. Pulling stuff out of a small hole past cordura and heavy duty zippers is a no go. A bag of potato chips would be quieter.

That much frame and bag in a stand might as well be another person you’re trying to hide in the tree.

When they said whitetail specific I was really hoping for something that permanently affixed the frame suspension to the stand while allowing for the bag to be easily removed. All the while keeping the stand attached to the frame (or just using the stand as the frame). That would allow you to go up and down the tree in one trip. And to top it off, make it a bag that’s quiet enough to whitetail hunt in the cold with.

This bag manimal and new Sherman is a 22 mag and Sherman with worse access. Just don’t see how that’s going to help anyone be more effective hunting cracked out woods goats.

Exactly. Let me carry my stand to the tree, pull off another pack and go up.

I’ll stick to the Stryker, which seems far better than the new one.
Not to mention what a stupid name. That’s what happens when people just have to brand everything

RhinoKel

FNG
They don’t just need a lid redesign. They need to start over with how their lids attach to the pack. They droop so far out and down you can’t have anything in there that weighs more than a pound or two.
Sorry to revive this comment so late in the game, but I'd have a look at Crossfire's offerings in regards to lids. They have a Daypack Lid that ostensibly resembles the Kifaru ones but is superior in comfort and carriage. You will have to fiddle around with some extra lit straps and buckles as the Crossfire Packs use a different type of buckle, but once you do it works a treat. And I don't think any lid that doubles as a daypack will ever be as good as a single purpose lid or daypack but that one comes damn close.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Exactly. Let me carry my stand to the tree, pull off another pack and go up.

I’ll stick to the Stryker, which seems far better than the new one.
Not to mention what a stupid name. That’s what happens when people just have to brand everything

I’m sure the ARK can be (permanently) attached to a stand and a separate bag can be rigged to detach for hunting. Would just be some buckles to the frame for the Cinch.

I set a Seek Revo up this way.

Still disappointed in the design there with the Maniml.

Kentucky

WKR
Sorry to revive this comment so late in the game, but I'd have a look at Crossfire's offerings in regards to lids. They have a Daypack Lid that ostensibly resembles the Kifaru ones but is superior in comfort and carriage. You will have to fiddle around with some extra lit straps and buckles as the Crossfire Packs use a different type of buckle, but once you do it works a treat. And I don't think any lid that doubles as a daypack will ever be as good as a single purpose lid or daypack but that one comes damn close.

I bought a OGL they other day while still on sale… idk why… the MR lid is much better, and this crossfire (I had never seen before now) looks just as good or better than MR… as far as a whitetail pack, this new pack is silly…

maybe if your Levi Morgan, hunting 35’ up a pre hung stand, shooting at 50-80 yards…

They seem to be stuck in their own world on this bag line-up…

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a OGL they other day while still on sale… idk why… the MR lid is much better, and this crossfire (I had never seen before now) looks just as good or better than MR…

MR and Crossfire used to be partners, so there could be common ground in the lid design. Never used one though.

That pack design is about the last I would choose for a whitetail pack. Head shake on that one

This sums it up. The Ark looks like its going to be a good frame. The better foam, laser cut molle and simplicity of the frame design are all positives. Im sure the 4300 appeals to some as well. But this maniml, is.....odd. I just dont see why youd pick it over what they already offer regardless if its for whitetail or western day hunting.

I spend %s of my life in a stand, and nothing about it strikes me as a whitetail pack. I have no idea why youd want the vertical zips of the cinch while its hanging in a tree. And the last thing you want is to be digging around from a very small access point on top of the main bag. The only functionally 'whitetail' part of this is if you put a couple belt pouches on the front and leave the cinch at home. But, you can do that with any other bag they already make, like the Stryker XL, Hellbender or 22 mag.

Its not as functional as the Stryker XL/sherman or Hellbender as a whitetail pack or a western day hunting pack. And its not even close to as easy to access the load sling as those 2. The size difference between them isnt all that much. If the main bag zippers came down for a full horseshoe, it might be different.